10

third pov

you woke up to someone shaking you awake. "huh..? what happened?" you rubbed your head to find that you'd been sweating in your sleep. all you can remember was last night with sasuke in the forest and fainting.

naruto was the one who shook you awake. "sasuke told me what happened, i was really worried. im glad your okay" he gave you a broad smile and a tight hug which you reciprocated. the sliding door opened to reveal the rest of the team. sasuke looke particularly ticked off at the sight of you and naruto hugging.

"N/N!" sakura cried before rushing to hug you as well. sasuke then shrugged and went to whatever spot he could find and hugged you, nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck. kakashi smiled at how close his team has gotten since they've met.

tazuna enters the room with inari. "the bridge will be finished in a few days now, and i have you to thank" he and inari both bow in thanks.
"dont thank us yet, its not over yet" kakashi answers

'i guess naruto talked to inari' you thought

kakashi asked to speak to you so the three people hugging you pulled away and left the room.
"so, you are aware of your.. abnormal amount of chakra right?"
"uh-huh"
"thats the reason why you passed out last night"
"how do you mean?"
"your physical body is weaker than your chakra itself. so when you use it too much you'll over exert your body and things like that could happen
"then, how do i stop that from happening"
"you get stronger, train. even then you'll suffer physical pain, but you wont pass out"
"oh.. thanks for telling me" you smiled up at kakashi.

he walked closer to you and ruffled your hair. "ill let you get dressed"
"that sounds like a great idea"

kakashi walked out of the room so you began to change into one of the outfits you'd packed

you brushed your teeth and went down to have breakfast with everyone.

Y/N pov

once again tsunami blows me away with the phenomenal food. "so whats the plan for today" i inquired.
"the usual, bring tazuna to the building site and make sure he's safe" sakura responds. i nodded in acknowledgement

'if memory serves me right, today should be the day we fight zabuza and haku for the last time. i hope i can save them both. ive been improving my medical ninjutsu so maybe ill be able to do it'

sakura pov

'is Y/N okay? she seems... out of it today.'

i nudge her with my elbow, taking her out of whatever thoughts she was having. "huh?" her eyes snapped wider and she looked at me "you okay?" i asked quietly. she nodded and went back to eating.

'has nobody else noticed?'

-sasuke's thoughts-

'my Y/N seems off this morning...tense for some reason. is it because of last night?'

-naruto's thoughts-

'N/N looks kinda stiff, did she sleep badly or something? hope she's okay'

Y/N pov

after we ate we set off to the building site, except for naruto. he was tasked with protecting tsunami and inari. nearly as soon as we set foot on the bridge, that thick mist from before came over again. the other builders were nowhere to be found.

"zabuza again?" i said to nobody in particular
"he just couldnt wait for round two, could he? in formation!" kakashi called out

we all got into manji formation around tazuna, sasuke at the front,me and sakura on either side. it was eerily silent for a few moments before we heard a boistrous laugh in the distance. the figure of zabuza gradually got closer and more clear.