8

Y/N pov

we sat in the paddleboat quietly. 'this fog's too think, you cant see a thing' i thought and squinted my eyes to try and see better.

"the bridge isnt too far now, the land of waves is just ahead" the guy who was paddling the boat said. a few seconds later the bridge came into view. "woaaah! thats huge!" naruto yelled in his naturally loud voice.

"will you be quiet! why do you think we're travelling this way? shutting off the engine and paddling through the dense fog? its so they dont see us!" the paddler whisper-yelled.

"the men after you, who are they?" sasuke asked suspiciously. the question was directed at tazuna who looked almost guilty. he remained silent for a moment before kakashi spoke

"if you are unable to answer the question, im afraid ill have to end the mission when we reach the shore" tazuna grunted before saying "i have no choice, do i? its gato and his men"

"you mean- gato from gato transport? hes a corporate giant, everyone knows him." i say.

"he's a business leader, thats true. but under all that.. he sells drugs and commands gangs, his business is just a front for his dirty money. he's set his sights on the land of waves. it is said that who controls the sea controls the world. but the bridge can stop him, when its done it'll connect us to land and break his control"

i nod in understanding. "so then, since your the bridgebuilder you have a target on your back"sakura states. "that means, the guys we fought in the forest, they were working for gato" sasuke joins in while naruto ponders the subject.

"we're approaching" the paddler said. we went through a tunnel and once we got through, the fog was nowhere to be seen. it was sunny and cloudless. "its beautiful!" i exclaimed. sakura and naruto agreed but sasuke just stayed silent, looking like he had other stuff on his mind.

a few minutes later we got off the boat. "finally! its been hours since ive stood on my own two feet, believe it!" naruto cried. "it does feel good to strech my legs" sasuke remarked.

"now, take me to my home. and i mean in one peice." i sweatdropped at tazuna's pessimism and we started walking with tazuna's directions to his house.

-timeskip-

we'd been walking for a few miles and stopped when we heard rustling in the leaves. sasuke, sakura and i took a defensive position around tazuna while naruto went to check it out. and by 'check it out' i mean throw kunai in any bush in sight. "dont just fling kunai around, you could hurt someone!" i yelled.

kakashi walked towards a tree which one of the kunai had hit. a centimeter under it was an innocent little rabbit. sakura instantly got angry "naruto! look what you did!" naruto came closer to see "gah! i didnt know it was just a rabbit!"

naruto got down on his knees and started apologizing profusely to the rabbit. "im so sorry little guy! i didnt mean to scare ya!"

i put a hand on my chin and began to think. 'thats a white rabbit, they dont come out until winter.. something isnt right here.' im pretty sure kakashi was thinking the exact same thing when he looked deep into the forest. i looked up in the trees and saw zabuza launching his sword.

my eyes widened "GET DOWN!!" i screamed. everyone either ducked or fell to the floor. we narrowly missed the sword. 'good one, Y/N' i pat myself on the back before focusing on the difficulty at hand.

the perpetrator jumped out of the tree and onto the handle of his huge sword.

"the copycat ninja.. kakashi of the sharingan eye. am i right?" he looked back at us intimidatingly. i grit my teeth and narrow my eyes, pulling out a kunai from my side pouch.