Gu Ming also advised Tang Ning to be cautious about his proximity to Qi Yun, speculating that the more protection Tang Ning received from Qi Yun, the more significant Qi Yun's influence on him would become.

With Song Linsu no longer in the dormitory, indicating that there wouldn't be any noises attracting monsters at night, Gu Ming suggested that Tang Ning should try not sharing a bed with Qi Yun tonight and see if he could navigate through the night relying on his own strength.

As the clock approached eight in the evening, Tang Ning got into bed early, and unsurprisingly, he couldn't fall asleep again.

Tang Ning huddled in his blanket, asking Gu Ming about the situation. Gu Ming mentioned that only he and Zhou Chuan were in the dormitory; the deceased Li Cheng'an and Du Fei didn't return.

Initially concerned that Li Cheng'an and Du Fei might pull something, Zhou Chuan had prepared ropes and tape, intending to securely bind them at night. However, when everything was ready, the two individuals were nowhere to be found.

Li Cheng'an and Du Fei, like the first day with Song Linsu, disappeared completely.

Where did these people go?

Can someone who has already died once die again?

What did Qi Yun do to him? Why couldn't Tang Ning control the growing fondness for Qi Yun?

Tang Ning closed his eyes, overwhelmed by these chaotic thoughts. No matter how much he tossed and turned, he couldn't fall asleep. When he checked his phone, it was already eleven fifty-nine, the time when that thing was supposed to come.

Tang Ning's heart skipped a beat; he quickly shut off his phone.

At the moment he reached to turn off the phone, in the fleeting light and shadow, Tang Ning saw his own face on the screen.

This should have been a normal occurrence.

When playing with a phone, everyone could vaguely see their face in the screen. But when you were directly facing the phone screen and saw your profile instead...

That wasn't quite normal.

In the darkness, Tang Ning remained motionless, his whole body stiff, with only one question lingering in his mind—

What was lying beside him?

"Classmates from Room 302, are you all asleep?" A sharp and thin voice echoed in the silent night, followed by a series of intense knocking on a door.

Due to last night's experience, Tang Ning's heart skipped a beat upon hearing the knocking. Even if it wasn't his dorm room door being knocked on, his chest still felt as if it were being hammered.

Even more suppressive was the possibility of something lying beside him.

Was the silhouette on the phone screen just a figment of his imagination, or did it truly exist?

If that thing really existed, would it deliberately make noises in the dormitory?!

"Classmates from Room 303," a peculiar voice sounded through the gap under Tang Ning's dorm room door, asking in a low tone while producing the sound of nails scratching against the door, "Are you asleep?"

A cold sweat broke out on Tang Ning's back. He suddenly realized that his blanket felt somewhat empty. Normally, when the blanket covered his body, there would only be a tiny gap around his body. Yet now, as Tang Ning slightly moved his fingers, he sensed a large empty space on his right side; the blanket was floating.

It felt like something had pushed it up.

"Boom, boom, boom! Boom, boom, boom!!"

The urgent knocking echoed abruptly from Tang Ning's dorm room, and Tang Ning's fingers trembled.