267 | Family Secret

Start from the beginning

     As soon as the van drove off, the gates closed again, locking everyone inside with the chaos that no one in the outside world even knew about.

     "You two better not fuck me over," Perseus says, looking at Keigo and Max through the rearview mirror.

     "You're seriously still going on with that right now? My friend is literally dying. The best you can do is be a fucking human being," Keigo angrily says, and Perseus sighs and finally drops his suspicions.

     They eventually arrived at the nearest hospital and ushered Max inside. Keigo didn't even have to wait for anything because when they arrived, the staff recognized Max and immediately assisted him.

     "We made it," Keigo says with a relieved sigh.

     He and Perseus were waiting outside the emergency room where Max was in. To be honest, Perseus still didn't believe that Max was having an actual allergy attack, but now all his doubts were gone. I guess he's been used to having Max start something, which isn't really his fault since Max does it all the time.

     "The Ministry will definitely get mad when they find out why we opened the gates," Perseus ranted. "But anyway, we're already here. I should have brought my phone with me now that there's a signal. I couldn't check my email for a week."

     "Maybe you can borrow someone's phone here," Keigo suggests, feeling a little awkward that he's having a decent conversation with someone like Perseus.

     "It's fine, we have to go back anyway. As soon as Max is released, we're heading back. The Ministry won't forgive me if they find out we've been out for so long during school days," Perseus explained further, making Keigo look back at him with curiosity.

     "You know, I've always wanted to ask this but...why are you guys so scared of the Ministry?" Keigo then asks, and the moment he asks the question, Perseus looks extremely cautious.

     Perseus wants to ignore Keigo's question, but before he can even open his mouth, an important figure suddenly arrives with two guards following behind him. Perseus couldn't help but drop his jaw in shock because the man walking towards them was none other than the president of the Brotherhood Association, Janus Sinclaire.

     "President Janus!" Perseus shouted, immediately touching his chest and bowing to him. Keigo wasn't as shocked, but he bowed to him as well.

     "Where's my nephew?" Janus asks.

     "P-President, what are you doing here?" Perseus asks instead.

     "Someone from the hospital called my brother, Denzel, but since the news of his stepping down from the company, paparazzi have been following him around. I was sent on his behalf," Janus explains, making Keigo look away and suppress his grin, almost like he knew that this was exactly what would happen.

     "Now, my nephew?"

     "He's...he's..." Perseus looked nervous, mostly because he was afraid that Max or Keigo would end up telling Janus about what's been happening to their house or what Max has been experiencing in general. Fortunately for him, a doctor steps out of the room and approaches them.

     "Are you the patient's guardian?" the doctor asks, and Janus looks at Perseus and Keigo for one last time before walking to the doctor.

     "I am. I'm his uncle."

     "Well, your nephew is fine now. We were able to give him Epinephrine, and thankfully he reacted to it well. We transferred him to a private room and you can check on him now," the doctor explains, and Janus thanks him before heading to Max, Keigo accompanying him.