016 ───── crank tunnel

"SOMETHING BAD IS BOUT TO HAPPEN TO ME."
dark red - steve lacy

"ARE WE THERE YET?" Cecilia asked.

"No." Caroline replied, huffing.

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No!"

"Are we there yet?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"No!"

"Are we there yet?"

"Five minutes! That's all I ask! Will you shut up for five minutes?"

"...Are we there yet?"

"You know what? You can walk your ass back to the Right Arm."

"Guys, we're here."

She and Cecilia looked ahead. They were at the entry tunnel. Once they stopped, everyone stepped out and looked at the dark tunnel ahead.

"Can we go back?" Cecilia asked rhetorically, "This place gives me the creeps and it stinks."

"You want us to go in there?" Newt asked, pointing a thumb at the dark tunnel ahead but he didn't get a response. Thomas was looking at a map before Newt continued, "I don't wanna come across as too negative, but I mean if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be."

Cecilia hummed in agreement. Thomas looked up before responding, "I don't think we have much of a choice."

After some silence. Newt spoke up, "Alright, I get shotgun."

"What? No fair, you had it on the way here!"

Cecilia and Newt soon started arguing with each other. Caroline, meanwhile, just sighed as she walked back to the car. She chuckled when she saw that Cecilia was sitting in the back, glaring at the back of her brother's head.

As the car drove further into the tunnel, Caroline felt her stomach twist. Was this a bad idea?

"Are you stupid?" Cecilia mumbled and she turned to see that Newt had his arm out the window, holding a large torch.

"Well, here we go." Frypan announced.

"Yeah, just take it nice and slow," Newt told Frypan which got a laugh out of Cecilia.

"Ha! That's what she──"

"Stop."

"Woah, Woah, Woah," Frypan mumbled as he stopped the car. In the middle of the road stood a crank that was gagging and letting out guttural sounds. They all turned to each other then Thomas.

"It's okay. It's just one, so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine," Thomas reassured Frypan.

"Take it slow. Take it slow." Frypan repeated while Newt turned off his torch and rolled up the window. All of a sudden, Cecilia let out a yelp, followed by a Thomas who grabbed Caroline's arm and pulled her closer to him. She turned and her eyes widened in shock.

It was a crank but one that hadn't fully turned yet. The lady was begging for their help while pulling on the door handle.

THUD!

She wheeled around. There was another Crank in the same state as the lady. He bellowed in a demonic voice, asking to be let it. Caroline didn't know she was holding his hand until she felt a squeeze.

"Okay. Fry, we gotta go!" Caroline yelled as more and more Cranks appeared, banging on the windows. "Floor it, Fry!"

As they drove off, a Crank jumped onto the hood of the car and growled at them. He then wheeled his fist back before punching the window, causing it to crack.

"Shake him!" Cecilia yelled.

"I'm trying!" Frypan yelled stressed as he began maneuvering through the cars in the tunnel, causing her , Cecilia and Thomas to sway from side-to-side.

"Hang on!" Frypan yelled as he drove the car dangerously close to some debris which hit the Crank, dislodging him from the car. Cecilia let out a relieved laugh before Caroline, her and Thomas turned back to the front and their eyes widened, "Frypan, watch out!"

The car soon flipped over and after a few seconds of silence, they coughed. Cecilia let out a groan as Thomas asked, "Everyone okay?"

"My hand," Frypan murmured. Suddenly, the car lights turned off. Shit.

"Fry, cover your eyes." Caroline ordered before she broke the window with her boots. Cecilia let out a muttered curse as Caroline climbed out the window.

"Wait! Caroline!" Frypan called as she let out more coughs. She felt blood tickle down her cheek. Thomas followed and handed her a flashlight as he scanned her face, his concerned eyes lingering on the cut before she walked around the car to get the others out. Newt and Cecilia struggled to get up, holding their arms in pain.

"Fry, you good?" She asked. Turning to the dark-skinned boy but before he could answer, a demonic scream echoed through the tunnel. It was a Crank. Scratch that, it was two of the ugly bastards. Newt cursed.

"Frypan, I think we gotta move," Thomas told the dark-skinned boy.

"Wait a minute!" Frypan yelled as he dived back into the car. As the Cranks got closer, Caroline pulled out her gun and shot one of them but the other one kept coming. Just as it was about to reach them, Frypan pulled out a shotgun and shot it in the chest, sending it falling down.

"Nice shot, Fry." Caroline said, causing Frypan to smile. All of a sudden, they heard more screeching and growling from Cranks up ahead.

"Okay, we gotta go," Cecilia muttered.

"Go, Go!" Frypan yelled as the group began running. She and Fry stayed behind to lay some covering fire.

"Fry, Care! Come on, Let's go!" Newt shouted.

CLICK!

She cursed as the gun malfunctioned. She quickly caught up with the group and began running as the Cranks grew in numbers.

"Go! Go! Go!"

AUTHORS NOTE!!

hey guys!! if you see all the past chapters being republished its because im adding songs at the start! i literally love Cecilia and Caroline sm