015 ───── leaving

"SPINNING OUT ABOUT THINGS THAT HAVENT HAPPENED. BREATHING IN AND OUT."
not strong enough - boy genius

CAROLINE , Thomas and the others were gathered around a map of the continent. Thomas pointed to a circled part of the map, "There, that's it."

"It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us," Thomas began explaining, "That's gotta be where they're headed. That's where they're taking Minho and Ada. We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can. We can make it back within a week."

"A week?" Vince repeated, "It took us six months to get here. We got over a hundred kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map. You don't even know what's there."

Caroline lifted her fingers to rub her bottom lip anxiously. Vince did have a point, but they couldn't abandon the kids still in captivity.

"I do," They turned to see Jorge approaching from the shadows, "It's been a few years, but I've been there. The Last City. That's what WCKD called it. It was their whole base of operations. If that city is still standing, that's the last place you wanna go, Hermano."

"That's the lion den," Charlie spoke up as he walked into the room, standing next to Jorge.

"It's nothing we haven't done before," Caroline retorted, causing Vince to turn to her.

"Yeah, with months of planning and reliable information, the element of surprise, none of which we have now."

"Vince," Thomas began, drawing Vince's attention back to him, "I've thought this through──,"

"That last time we went off half-cocked, I lost everything. You remember that?"

Silence ruled until Vince spoke again, "Look, I know it's Minho. Al ──"

"Ahem!" Cecilia.

"Sorry, and Ada. Alright? But you can't ask me to put those kids on the line for two other kids. I won't do it."

Caroline clenched her fists, "She's eight. Eight years old and he's seventeen. We──They are still kids."

Cecilia intertwined her fingers with Caroline's. Silence ruled as she glared hard at Vince with him returning the glare. Suddenly, static bursted into the room. They all turned to the radio.

"Searching the grid now. A is completed. Scanning B-Sector now."

Suddenly, they heard whirring from above them.

"Shit! Hit the lights," At that, the group began scrambling to turn off the lights.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Jorge barked as Caroline and the others grabbed guns and ran outside. Lights began to turn off as Right Arm members and rescued teenagers scrambled for cover. She, Thomas and Vince ran onto the sand with her standing in the middle. They turned to see two helicopters scanning a nearby abandoned city with searchlights.

"Jeez, they're getting close," Vince remarked.

"You're right," Thomas replied, causing her to turn to him, surprised, "We can't stay here."

She watched as Vince placed a hand on Thomas's shoulder before patting hers and walking away. All of a sudden, she saw a Twinkle in his eyes. He was up to something and she knew what it is.

"When we leaving?"

"....Tonight."

She and Thomas made silently made their way through the complex to the area where they kept the cars, sneaking past sleeping Right Arm members and teens alike. They soon made it to the car and were about to continue on when a voice interrupted them.

"Where do you two think you're going then?" The voice soon turned on a lamp, revealing Cecilia and Newt standing there, the former leaning against the car with her arms crossed.

Caroline sighed before Thomas began, "Newt..."

Newt stepped forward and spoke while grabbing Caroline's bag. "Don't be twats about it."

"We're already in," Cecilia spoke next, smirking. "Come on."

"No, no, not this time. Look, even if we find Minho and Ada, there's no guarantee we make it back from this."

Newt blinked at him before Cecilia's lip twitched into a smirk as the boy began to speak, "Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?"

He then opened the driver's door to reveal Frypan who had a smirk on his face. She and Thomas scoffed before Newt continued, "Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too."

They shared a look before Thomas nodded and spoke. "Okay, let's go get them back."

Cecilia smiled before jumping into the back with Caroline following.

"I can't believe you were about to leave me."

"Just get into the car."

"Yes, ma'am."

AUTHORS NOTE

a short one but i hope you enjoyed! this probably sucked because im so tired but whatever!

xoxo elena !!!