013 ───── the six month plan

"OH, IM NO LONGER A KID AND EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED."
kids - current joys.

SIX MONTHS..

It had been six months since the events of that night. Six months since Minho , Ada , Sonya and all the others were taken. Six months since she broke the promise she made. Six months since she last had a peaceful sleep, Six months of the reoccurring nightmare of that night.

But that couldn't stop Caroline or the others. After months of searching for their lost friends. They have found them. They were being transported through the wastelands to Some unknown place. They had only one chance to pull this off before the train reached it's final destination.

"Brenda, we're coming up behind!" The yell brought her out of her thoughts, and she looked up to see the car that she, Thomas and Vince were in, fast approaching the train. "Keep 'em busy!"

"Hang on!" Vince yelled, leading to her and the dark-haired boy to grab onto the car as it began to shake. As they got closer to the moving train, Vince suddenly maneuvered the car to jump onto the rail line to get closer to the moving train. Vince turned to Caroline and yelled, "This is crazy, Caroline!"

As they were getting closer, Thomas and Caroline took off their seatbelts but while Thomas jumped onto the hood of the car, she instead got into the front seat with Vince. Thomas yelled at Vince to get them closer as he pulled out a towing cable. Once they got close enough, Thomas attached the cable to the back of the train, causing Caroline to let out a small smile.

Thomas got onto the train and turned towards them. "Come on, Care!" She nodded before climbing out of the car and onto the hood. Thomas held out his hand as she leapt off the hood. She managed to grab it and he pulled her to safety. She then turned to Vince and waved her hand and yelled, "Vince!"

Vince nodded and carefully got out of the car and got onto the hood but as he did, one of the tires broke apart, causing the car to tilt and Vince to fall onto his stomach.

"Vince!" She and Thomas yelled in concern. The older man got to his feet, and she noticed that the car was getting further and further away from the train with the cable about to detach any moment.

"Jump!" Thomas barked. And he did, just as the cable broke free and the car flipped. Caroline paid no attention to it as she and Thomas helped Vince up. As he got onto the train, he looked back at the totaled car and let out a muttered curse.

"Let's go!" Thomas yelled before climbing up the ladder, followed by her and Vince.

"Hey! Berg!" She and Thomas looked behind themselves to see a Berg approaching. The Berg's guns appeared and started targeting Brenda's car. Caroline grabbed the walkie-talkie out of Thomas's belt and warned Brenda that they got 'company'.

The guns began firing, sending audible booms throughout the land. After a few moments, the Berg flew further away from the train, chasing after Brenda, Jorge and Charlie.

"Care, you're on your own." She heard Brenda reply before it was followed by Charlie. "Don't die."

"Good luck," Caroline spoke before putting the walkie-talkie into Thomas's hands and turning to the others, urging them to move. She and Vince started climbing the latters, followed by Thomas. They got onto the roof of the train and started running up the train car after car. They stopped upon noticing several WCKD soldiers running towards them, armed and ready to attack.

She and Thomas looked at each other before Vince climbed down and started trying to detach the carts from each other. He turned back to them and yelled, "Give me the bag!"

Caroline began shooting at them as Thomas handed the bag to the older man, Caroline let out a scared shriek as a bullet grazed her arm before Thomas pulled her down with him as they joined Vince. "Are you okay?" Thomas asked, grasping her forearms and looking into her honey eyes.

She nodded, breaking eye-contact before she jumped to the car in front of them with Thomas following before they pulled out their pistols. As the first of the WCKD soldiers appeared, she and Thomas began opening fire, forcing the soldiers to get down and take cover to avoid being hit. The dark-haired boy turned back to Vince and called out his name.

"We're set! Cover your asses, Take cover!" Vince yelled. She and Thomas retreated and hung on the edges of the train.

A small explosion occurred, sending the approaching WCKD soldiers flying. The carts behind them screeched to a halt but the rest of the train continued onward, clueless of some of its carts being disconnected. She , Vince and Thomas got off the cart and watched as the train stopped a few meters away. She turned to Thomas who gave a whistle and from behind a rock, Newt and Cecilia appeared. Vince called the duo's names.

Caroline and Thomas ran to one of the train carts and started banging on it, calling for their friend's names. From within, she could hear the screams of the kids who have been taken. She could barley hear the familiar voices of Minho and Ada.

Newt and Cecilia appeared and Thomas told them, "This one, this one!" Newt nodded while Cecilia put down the equipment Newt was carrying and put on safety goggles. She and Thomas joined Vince who let out a muttered cursed as they stared at the group of WCKD soldiers approaching.

A few moments later, Caroline , Thomas and Vince were on top of the train attaching towing cables to the handles of the train car. She looked over and saw her brother and best friend hard at work. "Newt, how you doing?"

"Don't rush us," Newt calmly said. All of a sudden, gunshots echoed as the soldiers started firing at them. Thomas let out a curse before he pulled out his pistol and returned fire.

"Newt, Cecilia, get up here!" Thomas yelled.

"Almost there!" Cecilia.

Vince jumped off the train and started firing at the WCKD guards. Caroline then did the same. One of the WCKD soldiers went down but his comrades kept marching forward. She soon noticed Newt and Cecilia climbing on and ducking down. "Where the hell are they?" The former wondered.

"I don't know!" Thomas yelled as another soldier went down. A few moments later, another Right Arm member got on, helping them fire at the soldiers. All of a sudden, Caroline heard loud whirring and looked up to see a Berg. After a few moments, a compartment opened up, allowing a tow cable to lower towards them.

"Come on!

"Lower!"

Thomas jumped up and grabbed the cable. Cecilia helped him attach the ropes to it and Thomas yelled, "Go! Go!"

The Berg soon started lifting upwards. The two blondes crawled to the end of the cart and yelled, "Vince, get up here!"

"Now, Vince!" Thomas yelled. After a few moments, Vince ran out and jumped onto the ladder, climbing up it. She and Thomas continued firing on the soldiers, taking out a few more.

"Yeah!"

"Woo!"

She and the others cheered and hugged each other as they flew away.

"We got them," Thomas whispered as they hugged. She nodded, tears staining her eyes and threatening to spill.

"Yeah, we did."

AUTHORS NOTE !!

first chapter of act two!!! I'm so excited to write this act but I'm going to be so sad when this comes to an end 😭😭

anyways! i hope you enjoyed this chapter and there will be much more to come, love you all.

and if you want to see edits made of this book check out my edit account!

@lenasgrudge

xoxo elena !!