020 ────── survived for a reason

TW: suicide attempt!

"AND I THINK YOU SHOULD COME LIVE WITH ME AND WE CAN BE PIRATES THEN YOU WONT HAVE TO CRY."
seven - taylor swift

CAROLINE'S JAW DROPPED IN SHOCK AS SHE STARED AT THE SIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. So did the rest of the group. This wasn't just a city! It was a paradise!

Multiple bright, glowing buildings that weren't In pieces reached for the sky. Well dressed, well-kept people in masks walked around. It was like the end of the word didn't hit here at all. Cecilia cursed in awe of it.

"This is a long way from the Glade," Everyone hummed in agreement at Newt's words.

"Fifteen minutes to mandatory curfew. Please proceed home in an orderly fashion. Remember this is for your safety. Thank you for your compliance." A robotic female-sounding voice echoed throughout the city.

"Yeah, we better get off these streets," Gally said, looking around. "And I know it's hard, but act like you've have seen it before."

He walked off. She and the others all turned to each other before following after Gally.

A siren blared from a police car as they all ran across the roads towards a nearby building selling food and water. They made it and backed up against a wall as another patrolling car went by.

"They've definitely upped security," Gally remarked before turning to look at them, "I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that."

"Maybe?" Cecilia replied.

Gally rolled his eyes before getting into a running position, "Alright, let's get outta here."

They soon made their way to the edge of the city. The gigantic wall stood above them. Gally turned to Newt and placed his hands together, "Alright. Newt, you're up."

He then helped Newt climb the wall, followed by Cecilia who gave a thankful nod. When it was Thomas' go. He denied the help and climbed up, causing Gally to let out a huff before turning to her, looking her over.

She narrowed her eyebrows in confusion before he snapped out of it and helped her up. She gave a thankful smile before Thomas grabbed her hands and pulled her up the rest of the way.

After a while of climbing. They soon found themselves running on a slim runway. Caroline gulped at the sight of the huge drop before she followed the others into a stairwell.

"There it is," Gally said once they reached the top of the stairs, in the center of the city stood three skyscrapers, "If WCKD's got Minho and Ada, that's where they'll be keeping them."

He then bent down and pulled out a telescope, placing it on a pole. "Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years. Place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere. Scanners on every floor."

"Sounds like a bloody fortress," Newt spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in," Thomas chimed in.

"I might," Gally said, sighing.

"You might?" Thomas repeated, his voice sharp. "What the hell do you mean 'might?'"

"Take a look," Gally said, gesturing to the telescope. Thomas stepped towards it and looked in. After a few moments, Gally spoke again, "I said I had a way in. I didn't say you were gonna like it."