chapter fifty-three

Magsimula sa umpisa

It couldn't be her though, not after everything that had happened. The universe couldn't be cruel enough to do this to him.

'Please.' he practically begs. 'Anyone but her.' his mind echoes, but Jungkook knows it's a fruitless prayer with everything happening.

The reality was that his mother was trying to kill him, and that within seconds Jungkook was going to have to face the fact that the universe would do this to him, and that it was surprisingly just that cruel.

"Kook!" Jin yells, attempting to push the women off of him. Despite being in the middle of transition, his mother easily throws Jin off of them, uncaring of his well-being as he hits the wall with a thud.

Jin clenches his ribs at the impact, finding her sudden strength shocking from how delicate his mother usually was.

All the power makes him realize is that this was no longer his mother, and that no matter how much he loved her she was trying to kill his brother, and would most likely end up killing him too.

Watching Jungkook struggle to flip her over, Jin searches for something to help his brother, eyes hesitantly settling on the knife about a foot away from him.

His eyes tear up almost immediately at the thought, but once again harden as he sees Jungkook finally pin her down.

It was either her or Jungkook, and Jin knew in this situation he had to save his brother, no matter how hard the choice was.

The man can barely move with the pain in his ribs, so with a wheeze Jin leans over to grab the knife, weakly throwing it beside his Eomma so that Jungkook can grab it.

The ravens eyes solo on the blade the moment it lands next to them, continuing to hold his mother down as she thrashes in his hold. Jungkook looks with wide eyes to his brother, and just by the look Jin holds he knows what the boy is saying.

The raven only shakes his head. "N-No, I'm not killing her." He says, tears filling his eyes as his mother continues to fight him, as if she could no longer hear him at all. She was only getting stronger in her transition, and Jungkook was only getting weaker.

They had a minute at best...

"It's not her anymore Kook.." Jin whispers, and Jungkook knows he's right. God, he knew it so much it made him want to break down right there. But he just couldn't do it.

Somewhere deep in there was still his Eomma... his precious Eomma. The same Eomma that had been his best friend since he was a boy. The same Eomma that baked him cookies every time he came home from practice. The same Eomma that told him love was the most important thing in the world...

And now Jungkook was faced with the most impossible task. A task where he would have to kill the person he loved more than anything and anyone.

His favorite person in the world.

He can feel her scratching his arms with newly formed claws, drawing blood without a care of how much it hurt him.

His Eomma could never hurt him though..

"Jungkook, please.." Jin pleads, watching as his brother cries on top of their mother. His mothers skin was now pale, eyes now black, and fingers like claws. Yet, as Jin looks at the two, he can't help but notice how Jungkook was only looking at her as if the creature was still his precious Eomma.