chapter fourty-four

'I love you'

-Nothing Last Forever-

"Why didn't you tell me the chain broke?" Taehyung asks in anger, clenching his jaw when Jin seems to be completely unbothered by his sudden entrance.
He'd barged in not even a second ago, bombarding the General with questions Jin seemed to be completely unbothered by.

"Orders." Is all Jin says, his eyes still closed as he sits in his desk chair with his head in his hands.

The man seemed troubled, but Taehyung was too frustrated to notice.

"Jimin was in danger." Taehyung says in disbelief, practically seeing red when the General says nothing in return.

"He could have died Jin!" The boy screams, angry tears filling his eyes when Jin finally looks at him with black eyes.

They were so dark..

"You don't think I know that?" The General spits, standing from his chair so he can look the boy in the eye. "You don't think I was there was Jungkook was going out of his fucking mind listening to the guards tell him the chain was broken?" The General says, and Taehyung stays silent. "You don't think I was fucking there when he was ready to damn every rule in the book because he was so scared something had happened to Jimin?" He asks, distress in his voice while Taehyung stays silent.

"I was scared too Taehyung, okay? I was scared that you were going to lose your best friend and that I wouldn't be able to pull you out of that grief." He spits honestly, running a hand through his hair while Taehyung only stands there, watching.

"I didn't want you to know he went through that before you had to go in that same room." He finishes, and Taehyung furrows his brows when he hears the words.

I didn't want you to be scared..

"I can handle my own grief." The boy spits, taking a step away from Jin when the man reaches a hand out.

"It's not bad to let people help you Taehyung." The man pushes, trying to break through the boy's stubbornness.

Too bad Taehyung was as stubborn as they came though..

"I don't want your help!" He yells, taking a step back when Jin clenches his jaw.

"God, why is it so hard for you to let people care?" The General raises his voice, frustration in the tone as he only takes a step closer.

Taehyung goes silent at the words, frozen by the Generals declaration.

"Well why do you care?" The boy asks, his voice so much more quiet than before. It was absent of anger, resentment, and now held a confusion so different from how he usually was.

The man looks him in the eye. "Your too smart to be acting that naive Taehyung." Is all Jin says, looking down at the boy while Taehyung's eyes immediately dart to the ground.

Ever since they were first intimate, Taehyung's hadn't spoken to Jin since. Jin was surprised at first by the boys actions, but once he took a closer look he felt he got a better understanding of why Taehyung was acting that way.

Taehyung felt something when they were together, and Taehyung didn't like to feel.

So instead he stayed away..

"I should go." The younger says after a moment, refusing to look at the man as he makes a move to leave.

"You can't keep running away." Jin immediately says, his voice unwavering while Taehyung freezes in his spot.