Valentina wanted nothing more than to curl up upon the sofa with Sirius and fall asleep together.

"I can't keep putting my baby in danger Sirius. I can't come here pregnant. Its stupid and irresponsible and so so dangerous. And I can't bring a baby here when I've given birth. Its not safe. Plus how would it look if a strange women kept coming to your flat with a baby"

Sirius shook his head in disbelief, "Thats it? You're leaving just like that?"

Valentina wasn't going to plead with him to understand her.

Sirius wasn't her main priority anymore.

She would do anything for her baby.

Valentina loved Sirius to the ends of the earth but the love she already felt for her unborn child was unimaginable.

"If it's mine" Sirius said, his voice dropping to a whisper, " You'd keep them from me? I wouldn't be able to see my child?"

Valentina looked to her shoes, "If" she stressed, "This is not forever Sirius, I promise you"

"You can't promise that" Sirius replied monotonously

"I can Sirius, I promise you" Valentina said, picking up his hand and holding onto it tightly, "I promise"

Valentina studied Sirius. He couldn't seem to look at her and he shook his head in disbelief.

"Just let me kiss you for the last time. I'll savour it until the next time, whenever that will be"

Valentina had returned home and the halls were still terribly cold and bare. The thought of going back to her normal routine seemed impossible. She had to raise a child in those halls. It was no place for a happy family. She almost laughed to herself. They wasn't really going to be a happy family.

She had unpacked her belongings in which she taken to Sirius' and had taken a long relaxing bath. She was just about to open regulus' book when the front door slammed indicating that Casper had returned home. She pushed it back into a space in the bookcase and rushed downstairs to see the house elves taking Caspers belongings up the stairs. Walking into the parlour she spotted him. Valentina was correct and he had indeed arrived early.

Casper was sat down with his head in his hands. His clothes looked dirty and worn like he had been constantly travelling.

"Casper?" She said in a small voice, walking into the room and towards him

He lifted his head to look at her.

He had a few cuts and scrapes on his faces and his eyes had deep dark bags.

Valentina went and sat beside him, "What happened?" she asked, tracing the scrape on his face.

"The dark lord sent us to hunt down the Potters, we ran into some order members and it caused us a little bit of trouble"

Valentina swallowed nervously.

"The potters?" she asked, trying to show confusion, "Why the Potters"

Casper dropped his voice to a whisper even thought they were alone. Of course, Valentina already knew why.

"Theres a prophecy that says their child will destroy our dark lord"

Valentina widened her eyes in faux shock and horror, though her horror was genuine but not due to the same reason Casper's was from.

"Do you know where they are?" she asked quickly, eyeing him carefully

He shook his head, "that's what Lucius and I have been trying to find out"

Valentina nodded it all made sense.

The pair of them had both stopped talking and were submerged within their own thoughts.

Valentina plucked up the courage to speak.

"I have some news of my own" she said softly.

Casper turned to her with intrigue, "You do?"

Valentina nodded and took a deep breath.

"Im pregnant. Two months pregnant precisely"

She was nervous to his reaction and held her breath and scanned his face for any emotion.

A crooked smile broke out across his face, "Oh thats brilliant news!" he exclaimed, placing a hand to Valentina's stomach, "an heir, at last! Wonderful news!"

Valentina knew it was not happiness of the idea of starting a family together but rather the prospect of an heir to carry on the Avery line.

"We must announce the news at once" he said walking over to a draw, built into the large wooden coffee table, and pulled out several sheets of parchment and a quill, "the dark lord will so pleased. That reminds me, you should write to Lucius and narcisssa in congratulation for their pregnancy" he instructed to Valentina

'I have done so already"

"very well" He nodded, before scribbling down the news.

Valentina know there was not turning back as she watched Avery's owl disappear out of the window and off into the darkening sky.

———————
A/N

I think i'm going to be doing time jumps from now on but i'll put the dates and whatnot on each chapter x