40"

Professor Slughorn had invited Valentina to his Christmas party just before the end of term

Professor Slughorn had invited Valentina to his Christmas party just before the end of term. She was a little surprised at first to be invited. She wasn't amazing at potions nor had her parents done anything so great to warrant her invite. She had just assumed it was from her pure blood heritage. That, or that Slughorn was attempting to cover his back for when they left Hogwarts. Knowing their families, he had a good guess of who was likely to become a death eater.

Valentina walked down the corridors of Hogwarts her arm linked with Avery. She had to go as his date.

"You look very beautiful tonight" Avery said as they walked arm in arm.

Valentina had informed her mother about the event, hoping to score a few points by mentioning she was going to try and attempt to make some further pureblood connections. Oksana had sent her a new dress of course, along with some sling back kitten heels to match. It was a black little dress that went down to her knees and flowed nicely. It tied at the back with a cream silk ribbon that formed into a bow. She tied her hair into a pony tail that fell down her back in ringlets, her lips painted in red lipstick as usual.

Avery himself didn't look too bad. He was wearing his smart dress robes and shoes, his hair done.

They were perfectly on time to the occasion and several seats were still available at the table.

"Ah! Mr Avery, Miss Karkaroff" Slughorn exclaimed as they entered, "I wondered when you would both show" he said merrily, "please, take a seat"

"Thank you for Inviting us professor" Avery replied, trying to throw on a smile the best he could

"Yes thank you professor" Valentina smiled politely, "we are very glad to be here"

Slughorn smiled merrily as the room descended into chatter once again.

Valentina looked to her right at the three empty seats beside her.

A knock sounded at the door and it was pushed open revealing James Potter, Lily Evans and Sirius Black.

Valentina hadn't even considered that Sirius would be there.

Why wouldn't he be? Sirius was a pureblood and a good student, likeable.

"Ah! finally!" Slughorn clasped his hands together

Valentina looked around to Avery who tensed in his chair, Severus Snape sat across from them and similarly had a foul look on his face.

"Please" Slughorn said, "come and sit down!"

The three Gryffindors eyes looked around the room for a seat, all three of them landing on Valentina at the same time.

A smile played on Sirius lips.

Valentina couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked.

Sirius took a seat beside her, Lily beside Sirius, and James beside Lily.