49"

Over the past few days Valentina had made more of an effort with Avery

Over the past few days Valentina had made more of an effort with Avery. Not because she wanted to but because she had to.

They had sat together during meal times and walked to lessons together. Valentina let him kiss her on the cheek and hold her hand as they walked.

She realistically couldn't think of anything worse, but Avery was to be her future husband. He loved her and treat her somewhat okay.

Sirius had noticed how public their displays of affection had become. The other Gryffindor boys urging him to move on and forget her.

Valentina was sat in the library, pouring over her homework when Sirius had walked in.

Though he wasn't alone.

A pretty blonde Gryffindor girl walked beside him. They were holding hands.

Valentina recognised her as Marlene Mckinnon. She was one of Lily Evans friends.

Valentina carried on reading her book, discreetly listening in.

"You didn't have to walk me Sirius" she said, taking a seat in the library next to some other Gryffindor girls Valentina didn't know the names of

"It's no problem" Sirius shrugged, smiling quickly back at her.

He flashed a glanced to Valentina, hoping for some kind of reaction.

She carried on writing her homework.

As Sirius turned and walked out the library, placing a quick kiss to Marlene's cheek, Valentina finally looked at him, watching his back leave.

The sight had crushed her.

He kissed Marlene the same way he kissed her.Was he going to do the same things with Marlene as he did with her? Had they done so already? Was he really over her already? was she really that forgettable? Because Valentina knew she'd never be able to forget Sirius.

She packed up her things and exited the library swiftly, trying to not let her tears start to fall until she had reached her dorm. Walking out into the corridors she hitched her bag higher up onto her shoulder.

Sirius, James, remus and peter were all stood in a group in the corridor, waiting for their next lesson.
As she walked past them she looked away, unwilling for the group of gryffindor boys to witness her so upset.

"Don't you think that was a bit too much mate" Remus sighed watching Valentina walk past them and down the corridor

"Yeah, she's obviously upset" Peter agreed

Sirius didn't say anything but watched Valentina turn the corner out of view, an unrecognisable emotion on his face.

James sighed, "You've dragged Mckinnon into this mess now"