6"

Valentina had gone to her first few lessons and had already hated every single one

Valentina had gone to her first few lessons and had already hated every single one. She tried her best to listen but honestly they were so boring that she couldn't focus properly.

"We've got Potions with the ruddy Gryffindors next" Zabini spat as Valentina and Bulstrode walked down to the dungeons

"I don't see why us Slytherins can't have a class to ourselves" Bulstrode huffed like a little child

"It can't be that bad can it?" Valentina asked with a sceptical tone

"They're the most arrogant people in Hogwarts" Severus Snape drawled as he past them in the corridor hearing their conversation. He slinked off, his robes flapping behind him entering the classroom.

Valentina had started to realise perhaps Snape had a personal vendetta.

"Honestly I'm fed up with all your whining" Zabini snapped as they all reached the door to the potions classroom.

The room was as dark as the corridor outside, perhaps even colder. There were several tables with four cauldrons on each with a wooden spoon inside.

There was a table at the back that was full with ingredients of all kind and had jars of curious looking liquids.

"Welcome to Advanced Potions!" A man that slightly resembled a walrus boomed, his stomach wobbling as he did so. Valentina had recognised him as Professor Slughorn. She'd met him yesterday when she went to get sorted, him being her head of house, "take a seat, take a seat" he ordered.

Valentina followed the group of Slytherins to the back off the room to a table in the corner.

"Actually" Slughorn interrupted, "Professor Dumbledore is trying to promote house integration this year and has said that students must unite and work together. He's taking a great push. Each Slytherin must sit next to a Gryffindor"

There was a great groan from both houses as they all reluctantly moved.

"Pip pip" Slughorn said clapping his swollen hands together.

Valentina stayed towards the back of the room, sliding onto one of the stools on an empty table.

"Perfect! Now we are all settled i'd like to tell you all my plans for this term. We shall start of with the Draught of living dea-"

Slughorn was interrupted as loud laughter rung through the air, the door crashed open and two boys all wearing red gryffindor ties, their shirts untucked pushing each other rowdily walked in.

"Ah, Mr Potter, Mr Black, I was wondering when I was going to see you both here" Slughorn said, his bushy eyebrows raising a little bit as he spoke, "though it's better late then never, take a seat please"

Both James and Sirius made their way to a table together when Slughorn stopped them.

"Each boy is to sit with a Slytherin student" he commented making James and Sirius smirk fade

"Sorry Professor?" The boy with glasses asked

"Sit next to a Slytherin. James you over here and Sirius next to Miss Karkaroff at the back"

Sirius inclined his neck to look at the back of the room to see who he was talking about.

It was the girl from yesterday they saw in the great hall.

Sulkily, both boys trudged over to their tables, slumping down into their seats.

Sirius scoffed as he looked at Valentina's emerald tie, conveying his distaste.

"What's a matter, have you got something in your throat Black?" Valentina asked, condescendingly tilting her at him as Slughorn started talking again.

"And who are you?" Sirius rolled his eyes in annoyance

"Valentina. Valentina Karkaroff"

Sirius had heard of the Karkaroff's and knew of their involvement with Voldemort. He'd over heard his mother talking about them moving while conversing with his father in the dining room.

"I would say it's a pleasure, but I'd be lying" Sirius replied simply

"Your mother was right. You are extremely intolerable" Valentina hummed causally picking her nails

This seemed to rile Sirius up further, "do you kiss my mothers feet just like little Regulus?" He whispered angrily, "merlin, your kind are moral less"

"Please" Valentina rolled her eyes, "I'm not your mothers little bitch. That woman's face is always so sour it seems to be stuck that way"

Sirius' lips quirked up, but only for a second before his previous demeanour took over, "what are you even here for? To help your little Lord better? That's it isn't it?"

"I'd watch your mouth Black" Valentina said darkly, "we wouldn't want something to slip out of your big mouth that could possibly lead to someone wanting to cause you harm"

Valentina had Walburgas words in mind but Sirius was too infuriating to be civil around.

"I'm not scared of you, or your family, or your lord, or his death eaters Karkaroff" Sirius fumed

The pair had been arguing in whispers from the back of the classroom the entire time trying not to beckon Slughorns attention.

James Potter was looking though. He glanced between Sirius angry Look and Valentinas smug face and tried to catch Sirius' eye to give him a look to say, is everything okay? But Sirius was too riled up to even notice.