13. Lucky Surgery.

JULIAN.

I've gotten back to the hospital twenty minutes ago. Red was now sleeping on my shoulders. The door of the operation room opened and Ini's mom immediately ran towards the doctor when he came out, the others followed suit.

"The surgery was a success." The doctor beamed and I sighed in great relieve.

"Thank God." Ini muttered exhaling heavily.

"But we have to monitor him for some more days till he regains consciousness. He had internal bleeding which we tended to already and he has a bone fracture on his right leg. We've put it in a cast and he should be able to walk normally in six weeks tops. He will be transferred to the recovery room and you will be informed when he's settled in." The doctor added.

"Thank you, doctor." Ini's mom said sobbing again.

"You can go get cleaned up now, Jared." I told my brother who was still standing looking into nothingness.

"Yeah." He replied with a sigh walking away.

He was a few feet away when Ini spoke.

"I can't believe he only got out of the accident with a few cuts while my dad had to fight for his life in the operation room." She spat and Jared paused in his steps.

I know how sad she must be feeling now and I also know that her words right now were only being driven by the sadness she's feeling and her past encounter with Jared.

But Jared is not God, he is only human and there is just so little he could do. I mean I don't see her screaming at the driver even though he was the cause of everything.

"Ini!!" Her brother exclaimed.

"What, is that a lie? Do you realize the kind of pain dad would be going through when he wakes up?" She glared at her brother.

"Stop it, Ini. We should be glad your dad is out of danger now, that's all that matters." Her mom said.

"We didn't even get to celebrate his birthday properly, he didn't get to eat even a bite of his c-cake." Ini said and broke down again.

I looked to where Jared was to see he has disappeared.

"You should go." I told the driver who has been quiet and still in his corner for over an hour now.

He nodded before going towards Ini's mother. They exchanged a few words and he apologized for being the cause of everything. The woman accepted his apology and he went out after.

"You should go too, he won't be as comfortable in your arms as he would on his bed." Ini said to me gesturing to Red.

"It's not like there's anything you could do here anyway." She muttered.

I was conflicted but she was right, I need to put my little guy in bed.

"I will be back tomorrow then." I said standing up.

"I hope he gets well soon, I'm sorry once again for all this. Not like this will do much but we are willing to cover his medical bills." I said to Ini's mother and she gave me a nod.

That means 'yes' I guess. I said bye to Ini and her brother before exiting the place.

I found Jared where wounds was being tended to and when he was done, we went home together.

*** *** ***
(😉 Vote, comment and follow if you are enjoying this book.)

It's been five days and Ini's father was yet to regain consciousness, we were all starting to get worried at this point. Jared and I have been going to the hospital everyday just to check up on him and his family, we would spend a few minutes and then leave.