8. Lucky Boxing.

INI

The car stopped again and I wasn't even surprised this time around. As long as he's not driving me to hell, I think I will be okay. I quickly lift my hands to unlatch my seat belt when I saw him get out of the car.

He's fast.

I sighed when my side of the door open, my hand was just inches away from the handle. I stepped out and he closed the door before locking it.

"I wonder when I will get home with these occasional stops of yours." I told him.

"Don't pretend like you are not enjoying every second of it." He said and starts walking to where I don't know.

He was right though, I was really enjoying everything. Even though I embarrassed myself at the diner, that doesn't affect my mood at all. But was I going to tell him this? No, thanks.

I followed him till we reach a huge building. It's a gym, I could tell by the posters pasted by the door sides.

We entered and no one noticed us except the receptionist who gave Julian a wide smile which reduces when her gaze shifted to me.

The others were faced forward concentrated and cheered on the duo who are having a face-off in the ring. It seems more like a practice though, more laid back than the real thing.

This is a boxing gym.

I gave a small smile to the receptionist and she returned it with a slight nod. Julian smiled at her and they exchanged a few words.

"Who is this?" The lady asked.

"Jared's da- I mean Jared's friend."

He was going to introduce me as Jared's date? This son of a bee.

"Hi, I am Inioluwa, you can call me Ini." I introduced myself.

"An African name?" I jumped forward, away from the sudden voice in my ear.

A guy was standing there looking at me and expecting an answer. I nodded in confirmation and he grinned.

"It means God's time." He said enthusiastically. "My niece was named 'Ini' also." He added.

"Mine means God's heritage, Ini. Oluwa." I clarified and he nodded.

"Hey man." The man exchanged greetings with Julian and they gave each other a bro hug.

"You know where coach is?" Julian asked.

"Out back, drilling some sense into AY, he was punching like a kitten." The man replied.

"We have AY's twin sister right here then." Julian said glancing at me. "Keep an eye on her till I'm back." He said to the man and left.

The man looked at me and his eyes moved to my palms. Now I understand what Julian meant when the guy glanced at me while saying his first sentence.

"You punch like a kitten?" The man asked me and smirks.

"Trust me, you really don't wanna start with me right now." I glared at him the best I could.

*** *** ***
(😉Your Reads, votes and comments are highly appreciated.😉)

I'm currently seated on a long bench in a corner watching the guys compete as they punch each other in the face. The man from earlier was sitting beside me, talking occasionally but I refuse to acknowledge him.

That only makes him taunt me more but seriously, I'm not in the mood for his antics, I'm going to spare him 'cos his niece has the same name as mine.