9. Lucky Number.

INI.

I munch happily on the cupcake Julian bought ten minutes ago from a roadside bakery. He had stopped even though I told him I’m not hungry and that I just want to get home.

“You want some?” I asked him.

“Nah, all yours.” He said not taking his eyes from the road.

I continue eating till a thought appeared on my mind. I looked wearily at Julian before dividing a cupcake into two.

I shove it into his mouth and didn’t relent until he has had it in his mouth.

He had no option but to chew as he glanced at me with confusion on his face. The car swerved right parking by the side. I watched him chew quickly coming to the conclusion that he probably wants to say something.

It was very funny watching the fast movements of his jaw that I almost laughed.

“What the fuck did you do that for?” He asked looking upset.

“Well, I don’t trust you. I don’t know what you might have done to my cupcakes while in that shop. I mean you spent quite an exaggerated minutes in there just to buy a few pieces of cupcake and you had insisted that I stay in my car.” I explained boringly.

“That’s because I went to take a piss, I used their bathroom.” He said.

“Oh God!” I gagged and lowered the bite of cupcake I was about to put in my mouth.

“Did you even wash your hands? You shouldn’t have told me that.” I gagged some more, dramatically.

“Yes, I wash my fucking hands.” He shook his head and set the car in motion again.

“You have trust issues.” He murmured under his breath and I rolled my eyes.

“I could have been allergic. Shoving food into my mouth not knowing if I despise it?” He said again glancing at me.

“Allergic to cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes? Never heard of that one. Besides, you could always spit it out, it’s not like I was blocking your mouth.”

I got a text and checked my phone to see it was a message from my dad. He was just checking to see if everything is good. I texted him back assuring him that all is well.

Julian suddenly snatched a cupcake from the remaining two in the wrapper which I had placed in the center console. I look at him in disbelief as he takes bites after bites with one hand on the wheel.

Allergic, huh?

His phone rang and he was about to pick up when I spoke.

“You would better not do the call and drive thing and endanger my life. This is precious cargo you have in your car, I must get to my house without a scratch on me.” I said pointing to myself.

“The phone is already connected to my car's blue-tooth, Miss precious cargo.” He said and picked up.

I cleared my throat awkwardly. I didn’t know he already connected his phone to the car.

From the speaker came a male voice.

“Hi bro.”

“Hey Lawrence.”

“Are you home already?” Lawrence asked.

“No, I am already on my way though. Should be there before it gets dark.” Julian answered.

“Still can’t believe you went to watch some live performance shit, these things are boring as hell.”

“Oh, not as boring as I thought it would be. I found a very interesting company that is currently helping with my boredom.” He spoke and glanced at me with a smirk on his face.