Chapter 17

Wow I am writing this LATE! Especially considering I have to get up at 6:30 for school. 😅 anygays enjoy!!!

Mitsuri's pov:
I saw Sanemi stomp away with Obanai. This is bad! I follow them.
"Hey, Mitsuri." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around to see Giyuu.
"What's up?" I ask him. It's kinda odd for him to talk to me. Usually he leaves as soon as the meetings are over.
"Umm... do you want some.... Mochi?" He asks with a bag in his hand. SO COOL!!!! He's trying to make friends!!!!
"Eeeeeeee!" I squeal. He looks a little bit confused. "Of course thank you!" I yell taking the bag. There is Sakura Mochi inside. My favourite!
"No problem." He mumbles as he walks away.
"See you Giyuu!" I yell after him with my mouth stuffed with Mochi. He nods and walks away awkwardly.
"Wait a minute. I was doing someth- OH!" I yell walking towards where Obanai and Sanemi went. On my way Sanemi walks past me angrily.
I walk around the corner and see Obanai panicking.
"Obanai! Are you ok?" I ask. He nods slightly. I can obviously tell that he's not ok. He's breathing hard.
"..." I don't know what to do!!!! He slides his back down the wall and sits there. Kaburamaru looks worried and bites on Obanai's cheek softly.

Obanai's pov:
Ack! Why do I have to have another panic attack in front of Mitsuri!? She probably already thinks I'm pathetic.

"You should just kill yourself!"

"No... no, no, no..." I talk to the voice. It doesn't listen to me.

"No one wants you around anyways!"

"You mentally ill pathetic excuse for a hashira!"

"PATHETIC!!!"

"SCAR FACE!!!"

"UGLY!!!"

The voice transforms. It sounds like Mitsuri.

"I HATE YOU!!!"

"JUST DIE ALREADY!!!"

I can feel tears stream down my face. I just get up and run despite Mitsuri frantically trying to get me to calm down.
"Hey! Obanai!!!" She yells after me. I don't stop. I'm out of that place now. I can finally... but I don't want to! But my body moves as if it's on autopilot.

Shinobu's pov:
I go back to the butterfly mansion. Tengen is back with Tanjiro and his crew. They are ok for the most part. Tengen decided that he wanted to retire though. He's not an old man.
"SHINOBU!!!" I hear high pitched yelling from the outside of the mansion. I look out to see Mitsuri. She looks panicked.
"What is it!?" I match her energy. She is crying.
"ITS OBANAI!!! HE WAS... HE HAD A BAD PANIC ATTACK IM WORRIED ABOUT HIM HE JUST RAN AWAY IM WORRIED THAT HELL DO SOMETHING!!!" Mitsuri yells at me.
"Oh my..." I run outside. "We should go!" I yell to Mitsuri. Tanjiro, who was training with Inosuke despite having fought an upper moon just the night before came up to us worried.
"May I come with?" He asked. "I'm worried about him." I nod at him and we run towards the only place we think he could be. His estate.

Obanai's pov:
I run towards my room. I have to do it now. If I don't they will stop me. They will send me back. I can't go back there.
I run into my room frantically searching for my blade. I find it. I don't have time. I roll up my sleeves and make two deep cuts in my wrist. I fall back against the wall.

"Finally..."

"Took you long enough..."

I can't help but feel a little bit of regret as I feel my body go cold. I wish that I could've stayed with Mitsuri. I wish that I could've had a normal life.
And then... it all goes black...

Mitsuri's pov:
I burst through the door to his room. "Obanai!!!!!" I see his bloody body on the floor. "NOOOO!!!!" Why is this happening? I thought he was better!
"Am I too late!?!?" I go up to him. I feel his cold body. "No, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening... I knew this was gonna happen! How did I let it happen?" I sob.
"Mitsuri..." I hear Tanjiro and Shinobu come in behind me. Shinobu doesn't look fazed by the scene in front of us. Tanjiro looks more concerned for me.
"..." Shinobu pushes past me and checks his pulse again. "He's dead." She says. No, no, no, no, no, NO, NO!!!! I can't have let it happen!
"BUT I KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN!!!! ME AND TANJIRO SAW!!!!" I yell at her. She smiles sadly.
"Maybe you two should go to the butterfly mansion." She says. I feel Tanjiro drag me out of the room.
"NOOOO!!! PLEASE!! HE CANT BE DEAD!!!" I scream.
"Please Kanroji. Just come with me." Tanjiro struggles with me. I finally go limp. He's dead and it's all because of my carelessness.
"But... it's my fault! I knew this would happen! I should've taken it more seriously!"
"It's not your fault Kanroji." Tanjiro dragged me to the butterfly mansion. I wept the whole way.
"But I never got to tell him!!!" I sob. "That I love him!" Tanjiro looks sympathetic.
"I'm sorry!" He says. With that he drops me on the ground and we hug each other and cry. If only we had been more careful. Taken away the knives from his room and keep him at the hospital. We could've stopped this!

This chapter was short but that's fine. Hehehehe! There will be at least one more chapter though so don't go yet! Anygays have a wonderfully sad day/ night!!!

Word Count: 932