Ep.31

Jeongyeon sighed as she finished grading a stack of papers. She was handling the classroom all by herself this week. Friday is usually the hardest day for Jeongyeon, mostly because the children get rowdy. Fun Friday happens to be the only thing they look forward to now, and well of course Christmas.

Mrs. Chu has been gone the entire week because of some increased pain from her pregnancy. Jeongyeon is excited because she's confident the baby will come around Christmas. The girl looked at the clock hanging on the wall. "Only 8 am..." she sighed again. She decided to quickly straighten the classroom up, there were higher chances of the room being destroyed in moments.

This would be the last Friday until the break, and Jeongyeon was more emotional than ever. She was supposed to move classes after this semester. She wore a cozy sweater with snowflakes, adding to the festive spirit of the day. Jeongyeon smiled warmly as her students filed into the classroom, their faces lit up with anticipation for the day ahead.

"Good morning, everyone!" Jeongyeon greeted her students cheerfully. "I hope you're all ready for a fun day of learning and holiday festivities." The children's eyes sparkled with excitement as they settled into their seats. Jeongyeon had planned a special day filled with festive activities to celebrate the season and keep their little minds engaged until the final bell rang. Next Tuesday was the last day until winter break, she was confused as to why they'd go to school for only 2 days.

The day began with a reading of "The Polar Express," a favorite holiday story that caught the children's imaginations as they went on a magical journey to the North Pole. After the story, Jeongyeon led the class in a creative writing activity, asking each student to write a letter to Santa Claus, sharing their holiday wishes and spreading cheer. The classroom buzzed excitedly as the children carefully crafted their letters, their imaginations running wild.

This gave Jeongyeon time to check in on Nayeon. The older girl was busy teaching a dance class at Momo's dance studio, the two were going to be on break around the same time, so Jeongyeon just put her phone down and continued to focus on the children.

As the morning progressed, Jeongyeon surprised her students with a special art project. With glitter, glue, and construction paper in hand, the children immediately got to work creating their own festive ornaments to decorate the classroom Christmas tree. Laughter and chatter filled the room as they worked together, each child's unique creation adding to the colorful display. Jeongyeon even included one for Mrs. Chu and a baby one for the newest addition to her girlfriend's family.

As the children finally went to lunch, Jeongyeon made her way back to the classroom to talk to her girlfriend. She finished her lunch, then she quickly called Nayeon, and she answered before the 2nd ring.

Jeongyeon: Nayeonieeee! How's your day going?

Nayeon: Jeongyeon! It's been pretty good, How about yours?

Jeongyeon: Busy as always, but I can't complain. The kids are being so good, your mom is going to be impressed. So, I was thinking, with Christmas just around the corner, we should start making plans. What do you think?

Nayeon: I was going to ask the same thing! I've been looking forward to spending the holidays with you my love! Any ideas on what we should do? Other than the fact that the baby might be born on Christmas, I can't think of much.

Jeongyeon: Well, I thought it would be nice to have a Christmas Eve dinner at mine, just the two of us and obviously Lea. We could cook together, watch some holiday movies, and exchange gifts.

Nayeon: That sounds perfect, babe. I love the idea of a quiet evening together, or not quiet, I don't care. And for Christmas Day?

Jeongyeon: Mmm, I was thinking we could visit both of our families. We could spend the morning with mine, have brunch, exchange gifts, and then head over to yours in the afternoon for dinner and more celebrations. We can get gifts for the baby, and your siblings. And we can call your parents and little brother during the day.

Nayeon: I love that plan! It'll be great to see everyone, like Jeongie I'm so excited about having another sibling, I don't know what to do with myself.

Jeongyeon: I'm already brainstorming ideas for our masterpiece. I think the baby is going to be a boy.

Nayeon: Haha, me too! Alright then, it's settled. Christmas Eve dinner, and family visits on Christmas Day. I can't wait!

Jeongyeon: Me neither, Nayeon. It's going to be a Christmas to remember, just you and me.

Nayeon: Definitely, Jeongie. I love you.

Jeongyeon smiled at her phone, she could hear children's laughter and voices from down the hall, signaling the end of lunch.

Jeongyeon: I love you too, Nayeonie.

The girl quickly got up and let the children into the classroom. It's way too cold outside for the children to play outside, so they get indoor playtime at the end of the day. After lunch, Jeongyeon led the class in a holiday sing-along. The children's voices rang out joyfully as they belted out classic Christmas carols, their energy filled the room.

Jeongyeon gathered her students for one final activity—a holiday-themed scavenger hunt. Clutching their lists and jumping with excitement, the children raced around the classroom, searching high and low for hidden treasures and clues. This was the happiest Jeongyeon had seen them this school year. This was for sure the best Fun Friday they ever had.

As the final bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, Jeongyeon watched with a smile as her students said their goodbyes, their hearts full of holiday joy and memories that would last a lifetime. She looked at the artwork they made for Mrs. Chu and started hanging it on the walls. There were a bunch of pictures they took, everyone in their Christmas pajamas, smiling so brightly. Jeongyeon placed the pictures under their names in the classroom.

As she tidied up the classroom, Jeongyeon couldn't help but feel a sense of fulfillment. Teaching these bright young minds was truly a gift, and as she locked the door behind her, she knew that she had made a difference in their lives. She always dreamed of being that one teacher everyone remembered the name of. She'll surely remember the name of every single child in her class.

"Ahhhh, this was truly one of the best days ever. I felt like I revived the child in me, which makes me almost want to have kids." Jeongyeon smiled as she shook her head. She continued to walk out of the building at 3 pm, just in time to see the only woman who runs her mind.

_______________

A/N: Winter is my favorite season ever. I love Christmas, mostly because my birthday is just days before!!

A/N(Day of Upload): This has been sitting in my drafts for so long, I feel bad!! I needed a mental break from writing to deal with my ridiculous grades and the sports schedule. The schedule is still extremely crazy and all over the place as well as my grades, so I will probably still be gone, but I had time today to at least give you guys this chapter!! I miss you guys, I have been lurking around, haha!

Unedited

Proofread

Words: 1215