Ep.30

The weeks are starting to close in together. Nayeon's home is looking more like a home, Momo had been decorating a lot. The younger woman even started a second job that she had full control over. Momo now had her own dance studio, ranging from preschool age to adults. Her money had tripled since she left the man who tore her to bits.

Momo made enough money to own her own house if she wanted, but she stayed in Nayeon's 2-bedroom apartment. She didn't have to pay for rent, she had the best roommate, her daughter had 2 aunts to watch her whenever, and smaller places feel warmer and safer to Momo.

The girl wanted to repay Nayeon for everything, and the moment had come. When she found out Nayeon went to school to get a fine-arts degree, she immediately asked if she had learned how to dance. Nayeon had been dancing and singing since she was 3 years old, and there were medals to back it up in her closet. Momo was so impressed, she asked if Nayeon would want to work at the studio.

Nayeon wasn't sure if she would want to do the job, since it had been about 4 months since she had done anything dance related. But her heart caved in when she found out Mina would be teaching dance to the young 5th graders. "I can't leave my other job though, it's a long story, but I need to be able to work both." Nayeon explained to Momo as they sat in the living room of their home. For once, Jeongyeon had been out hanging with her friends.

Momo's eyebrow rose, but she didn't bother questioning Nayeon. "Let's go visit the studio, maybe you'll decide your work schedule then. Plus you're making $35/hr, that's almost as much as a doctor makes, at least I think it is." Momo paused as she struggled to put her shoes on.

Nayeon laughed and looked around. "It's not about how much you're paying me, trust me I barely get paid to do my job now. It's just... Like I said, way too complicated to explain why I can't quit." Momo stood up and grabbed her keys off the hook. The two walked out the door and headed for Momo's car.

"What do you do anyway? You never really talk about your job or work life."

Nayeon remained silent, she put her seatbelt on and looked at the radio. "Omg Momo! Pali! We're going to be late, less talking, more driving!" Momo flinched and was surprised to see the time, she instantly made her way to the studio. The girls were supposed to be teaching a hip-hop class to their young adult dancers.

As they arrived, they quickly settled in and greeted the slightly younger dancers. It took Nayeon only a couple of seconds to realize her friends were there as well. Jihyo would be practicing with them today. 

Nayeon stood in the center of the room and began the session with a warm-up routine, her energetic moves seemed to be the perfect tone for what was to come. Momo took over and taught the group some impressive footwork and body isolation. She effortlessly connected with the group of people, ensuring they were comfortable and enjoying themselves. She truly is one of the best teachers.

Jihyo stepped forward to teach the choreography she had spent 2 hours designing. Her keen eye for detail and her ability to break down complex moves into simple steps helped everyone grasp the routine quickly. She encouraged them to express themselves through their dancing, reminding them that dance was not just about the technique, but also about personal interpretation. "Why do you always dance like your bills are due the second you leave! Jesus Park." Nayeon laughed, half out of breath.

"I have people to impress, and by people, I mean Sana." Jihyo stuck her tongue out at the elder. "I thought you two weren't dating?" Nayeon walked closer to Jihyo. The girl took a sip of water, "We're not! She's so perfect though, you know I'd totally date Sana if I had the chance." Jihyo wiped sweat off her forehead before looking over to see Sana skipping through the door.