Ep.27

Nayeon had been on her toes all morning. She was over the moon waiting to meet her family. Jeongyeon was just as excited, she couldn't help but match her girlfriend's energy. Momo dropped Rumi off late last night since she had a very-very long conference meeting that same day. Jeongyeon was hesitant to accept since they'd be meeting Nayeon's family, but Nayeon insisted the cute toddler join them.

Nayeon woke up early, she made a meal for everyone, cleaned the place, bathed and dressed Rumi, and helped Jeongyeon lesson plan in 4 hours. If Jeongyeon didn't know any better, she would've thought Nayeon was a stay at home mom for 8 years already. The time was slowly approaching 2 pm, the moment Nayeon had waited for.

Mrs. Chu didn't live too far from where Jeongyeon stayed ironically. It's almost as if everyone she knew lived within minutes of her. Instead of taking an Uber or driving there, the couple decided they would walk. Rumi held both Nayeon and Jeongyeon's hands as they walked through the crowded sidewalks of New York.

Occasionally, Rumi would point something out and ask what it was or why it existed. Most of her questions were answerable, and it was honestly a great way to kill time as they walked. Rumi would see kids playing nearby and ask if she could join too. The girl had the cutest pleading face on, even though she knew the answer would be a no.

Before the child could ask why or whine or complain, Nayeon had given a solid reason. She would play with Nayeon's little sister soon, so it was best if she'd wait until then. Jeongyeon smiled at the interaction the two had. It may be hard for them to understand Rumi's exact words or feelings, but not one thing they let go unheard.

"Should we get ice cream later Rumi? I heard Auntie Jeong is paying!" Nayeon bent down to Rumi's level as she spoke to her. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Rumi loves ice cream! I want birthday cake ice cream!" Now Rumi's energy was through the roof. Jeongyeon was beginning to blush from the embarrassment. The child was practically grabbing the attention of every passerby. They seemed to think it was cute though.

"Now she's going to have her hopes up all day Nayeonie. Do you just want to win her over hm? Don't forget who helped raise her, me!" Jeongyeon chuckled as she slightly looked over at Nayeon's soft smile. "You did a great job Jeong, I would've thought you and Momo had this child if I didn't know you."

The couple slowly approached the house they were confident was owned by Nayeon's biological family. Nayeon's thoughts were everywhere at this point. She had passed by this house so many times growing up, that she practically knew her way around the neighborhood. Nayeon didn't even think about the firehouse she was left at was just around the corner from this very home.

She was at arm's length of her family her whole life, yet she missed so much of them. Nayeon spent so much time from her life looking for them, when they were right here. Now she's going to meet her family, her little siblings, her dad, and what she was most nervous about, Her grandparents.

"Are you ready Nayeon?" Jeongyeon questioned the older as she lifted Rumi and waited for Nayeon to ring the doorbell. Nayeon turned to smile at them both, and she nodded. Nayeon wasted no time ringing the doorbell, she has always been good at talking to new people. It paid off though, she met Jeongyeon doing that exact thing.

From the other side of the door, the girls could hear rushing and excited footsteps coming up to the door. Jeongyeon became nervous as she heard an older male voice tell the kids to back away from the door. "Is that your dad I just heard? Gosh Nayeonie, I'm nervous now."

Nayeon softly chuckled at Jeongyeon's comment and took a deep breath. After what felt like an eternity for the two, the door finally unlocked. An older but definitely young man opened the door. His eyes quickly melted upon seeing Nayeon. He brought his hand up to his mouth to try to convey what he was feeling, but the emotions weren't letting it happen.

"Nari... Oh, our Nari is here! You look just as beautiful as you were back then. Can I hug you?" Jeongyeon could tell he was trying hard not to cry, but Jeongyeon's softy girlfriend already had tears rolling down her face. Nayeon nodded and immediately went in for the hug. She needed her father's embrace, and just like that his tears had fallen too.

Rumi was clearly an empath, she smiled enjoying their reconnection. Her energy was radiating off onto Jeongyeon. 'My girlfriend is happy. This is the best thing I've witnessed ever.' She thought to herself.

"Appa..! You look the same as Eomma described you as." Nayeon pulled away a bit as she laughed. He laughed as well, "I hope she described me as a handsome, hardworking man!" Jeongyeon giggled at the joke. He turned his head to Jeongyeon which only made her anxious. "And I'm going to assume this is your wife? Finally, someone bringing me grandchildren!"

Nayeon and Jeongyeon choked on their own saliva, Rumi thought it was hilarious. "Hello Mr. Lim, I'm Yoo Jeongyeon. Not your daughter's wife, but her girlfriend. Oh, and this tiny one here is Hiari Rumi, my best friend's daughter. It's nice to meet you, sir." Jeongyeon partially bowed in respect but did not drop Rumi at the same time.

He stood there puzzled. Mrs. Chu came up behind him and hit his head. "Oh, you idiot! Let them inside! It's cold out, and they've brought a baby with them, she'll get sick if she's out there any longer!" Nayeon giggled, it was surprisingly a high of 82 out despite it being December.

The couple followed Nayeon's parents inside the house. They quickly took their shoes off and Rumi's. She was nervous from being in a new setting and didn't want to get down at all, which didn't bother Jeongyeon. The two girls followed the elders into the living room, where Nayeon finally met her youngest brother.

_____________

A/N: It felt wrong making Nayeon meet her family in just one chapter, so I'm expanding it to two chapters! I wish I could give spoilers for the next chapter, but I'm sure I'll double update when I do release it. I will say, that Nayeon's emotions are about to be super unstable in the next chapter, I almost feel bad for making it that way.

A/N(Day of Upload): I'm finally back, feeling great, and alive! What better way to celebrate my return than finally revising these chapters and releasing them to you guys? And to my fellow author friends, I've been reading your stories while recovering, but silently, so I still need to go back and vote lmaoo🥲 Also never realized how short this chapter is compared to the others... Oops.

Proofread

Unedited

Words: 1163