Ep.22

Nayeon waited nervously for Jihyo to answer the phone. She looked over at Jeongyeon, but Jeongyeon had already been watching the older girl. Just as Nayeon was about to end the call, Jihyo picked up.

(Bold is Jihyo speaking)

"Heyyyy! Sorry I was uh...doing something. Anyway! What's up?" Jihyo answered suspiciously. She was for sure doing something!

Nayeon nodded and put her acting to the test. She instantly looked upset and sad, which was her goal. "Ji... Can we talk?" Nayeon easily caught Jihyo into her lie, the younger was full of concern.

"Nayeonie! What's wrong? What happened? Is this Jeongyeon's doing?" Jihyo spat out a bunch of words and worries. The poor girl was already stressed out seeing her bestfriend upset.

Nayeon put on a fake cry, which even Jeongyeon thought was real. The older girl wiped her tears and looked at Jihyo on the phone. "It's just, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Jeongyeon..." Nayeon broke out into a fake cry again fully convincing Jihyo something was wrong.

"Nayeon, I'll come over quickly! Where are you? At home? Jeong's? Where!" Jihyo could be seen on the phone grabbing her keys and a jacket. 

"Oh it's okay. Just listen. Jeongyeon told me she didn't actually like me, and she was faking everything! What should I do now Ji! I love her so much already..." Nayeon's acting was top tier, Jihyo even stopped in her tracks.

"JEONGYEON SAID WHAT?! You have to be kidding me! Hold on Nayeon, let me talk some sense into this girl." Jihyo yelled so loudly it felt like she was in the room with them. Before Nayeon could even reply, Jihyo ended the call.

Nayeon cleaned her face up a little a laughed as she saw Jeongyeon's phone ring. Jeongyeon looked really nervous and didn't want to answer the FaceTime call from Jihyo. "Pali! Answer it! She'll be even more upset if you ignore her." Nayeon laughed, she knew Jeongyeon was dreading this call.

Jeongyeon did as Nayeon said, and answered the call. Jihyo's face was undeniably pissed off. Jeongyeon swallowed hard and finally said something. "Hey Ji..! Why are you calling me on this fine, Saturday, evening around 10pm! Haha..."

"Jeongyeon do not make me come over there and beat the living mess out of you! Quit playing with me, because I will in seconds!" Jihyo's tone was like no other. Jeongyeon rarely hears Jihyo like this, it's making her want to shit herself.

"I- Jihyo why exactly are you upset with me? I don't recall doing anything at all, actually. You need to have a good reason to want to come over here and beat me, or I'll just assume it's kinky." Nayeon tried her hardest not to laugh while listening to what Jeongyeon said.

"Yoo fucking Jeongyeon! How dare you say all that to my dear bestfriend! You know she likes you! I could've sworn the other day you were asking me about Nayeon because you wanted to ask her out? What changed, huh?" Jihyo's anger only made Jeongyeon sweat.

"And before you even try to deny any of that, Nayeon called me bawling her eyes out wondering what the hell she did wrong! Jeongyeon I kid you not, I'll come to your place and blow it up. You're fucking with the wrong person right now." Jihyo continued. Nayeon was starting to think she should intervene.

"You know what, scratch that! I am coming over there right now. I don't want to hear any excuses when I get there, you have 10 minutes to come up with a reason Jeongyeon. Bye." Jihyo ended the call once again before Jeongyeon could have any say. Jeongyeon looked over at Nayeon wondering what they should do now.

"So uhm, Nayeon! Jihyo is on her way to literally beat me up. What exactly should we do now?" Jeongyeon placed her phone down and ran her fingers through her own hair. Nayeon was at a loss for words too. Neither of them expected Jihyo to react in such a way.