Ep.24

"Her name is Lim N-" Mrs. Chu got cut off by the bell ringing, meaning all the small 2nd graders were on their way to the classroom. Jeongyeon chuckled, "It's fine, you can tell me later". Jeongyeon quickly put her name up on the board underneath Mrs. Chu's name.

She took a deep breath as she readied herself, she's never worked with children under the age of 10 before. Jeongyeon felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, and she had a little extra time left to check it. Nayeon sent a text saying "I'm omw to work jagiya~! I fed and took Lea out, I should be off by 5 so ill meet you back at mine, have a great first day with your 2nd grade class!!!!". Jeongyeon smiled, she has a girlfriend now, and her girlfriend is Im Nayeon, someone she had no intention on pursing.

Mrs. Chu's voice began to fill the class. Jeongyeon looked up to see tiny 2nd graders feel the classroom up. Every child knew where their spot was, and they even took out their supplies without asking. Jeongyeon was impressed, not even her middle school students did that.

"Okay guys, we have a new face here in our classroom. Should we get to know her? Yes we should!" Mrs. Chu spoke in the sweetest voice ever, you could tell she has been a mother for a while. Jeongyeon looked around and smiled at all the children.

"Hi cute children, My name is Ms. Yoo, but you can call me Jeong. I'm a new intern teacher for your class, and I'll be around for a bit. I know you guys won't remember much about me, so I'll keep it short! Yoo Jeongyeon, 26, I have a cute puppy named Lea, and I am super great at math." Jeongyeon expressed herself to the class. She could hear an intrigued gasp from many of the students.

"If anyone has a question to ask Ms. Yoo, now would be the time to do so, Okay?" Mrs. Chu tried her hardest to help the class adjust to Jeongyeon, since they were already 3 months into the school year. The kids were thinking hard, and suddenly a bunch of hands went up.

"Are you married Jongeiyeon!" Jeongyeon laughed at the little boy who didn't pronounce her name right. "No, I am not married, but I do have a girlfriend."

"Why-why do you have s-short hair?" The little girl clearly has a speech impediment but Jeongyeon made sure to understand every word. "I have short hair because I had nice long pretty brown hair, and then I got bored one night with my girlfriend, and we decided to cut and dye my hair! Like an art project."

Jeongyeon answered a few more questions like why she had a girlfriend and not a boyfriend, what her favorite food was, how many friends she has, and more crazy questions children ask. Jeongyeon knew she would be tired when she left, but she's starting to like her class. The teacher is wonderful, and the children are surprisingly well-behaved.

Lunchtime rolled around fast and Jeongyeon could finally sit and not have to worry about a kid almost peeing on themselves every 5 minutes. She took this time to call Momo and check up on her and Rumi. Yea Jeongyeon would be seeing them later today, but she can't help but check on her bestfriend.

The call went on for a little over 20 minutes. The mostly talked about how long the day has been so far, and what they might do later. The children's recess begins right after lunch so Jeongyeon still had a little time, and lucky for her, Nayeon was also on break. Nayeon instantly facetimed Jeongyeon.

(Nayeon speaking is in Bold)

(Mrs. Chu speaking is Italics)

"Jagiyaa, How is work?" Nayeon started off as soon as Jeongyeon answered.

"Pretty good how about you?" Jeongyeon's smile reached her eyes just from seeing how pretty Nayeon looked.

"Boring, but I want to see you, so I'm just going to work my way through it."