Ep.16

Jeongyeon woke up feeling lighter. She wasn't feeling lighter mentally, physically she felt lighter than last night. Jeongyeon used her hands to touch her stomach, there is surely a body on her, but it can't be Nayeon. She opened her eyes and just as she figured, Rumi was asleep on top of her.

Momo liked to do this to Jeongyeon a lot when she would stay over. Rumi has slept on Jeongyeon since she was 2 weeks. This used to be Julian's thing, but once Julian passed, Rumi took over. Momo would place Rumi on Jeongyeon as soon as she fell asleep.

Jeongyeon chuckled thinking back to their little tradition that has lasted as long as the girl was alive. She didn't want to wake Rumi up, but she has to sit up to move. Jeongyeon looked around, and her eyes landed on Nayeon sitting in the kitchen.

The older girl was talking to Momo, who had been making something to eat. What seemed to be on cue, Nayeon looked right at Jeongyeon. "Bunny, help me! I don't want to wake her." Jeongyeon quietly said to Nayeon.

Nayeon smiled and picked Rumi up carefully. She placed her back on the couch once Jeongyeon had moved out of the way. Jeongyeon immediately hugged Nayeon when she had her hands free. "Good morning bunny! Did you sleep okay?"

Nayeon hugged back and laid her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder. "Of course I did. I slept well because I slept with you the whole night. My sleep couldn't get any better than that." Nayeon was known to be a sweet talker, but she always means what she says.

"Yeah? Well, you left me this morning, and Rumi seems to have replaced you." Jeongyeon laughed while letting the hug go. She picked her glasses up and put them on. Jeongyeon could barely see Nayeon earlier, but she knew it was her.

"What can I say? She was tired and Momo said to put her on you. Apparently, she sleeps better with you too. You should be a mom too, hm?" Nayeon hit Jeongyeon's shoulder and walked back to the kitchen.

Jeongyeon only shook her head. She sucks with kids, but Rumi and her sister's kids are an exception. She's learned how to take care of them and spent so much time with them. It's become second nature to her now, even if she dislikes children. "Yeah no. Me being a mom is a big nono. I don't even like the kids I work with, but they're older, so it makes sense."

Momo rolled her eyes and turned her head to Jeongyeon. "You're such nonsense, Jeong! You like kids, you just don't want to raise them, simple as that. There is a reason you like Rumi, you don't have to raise her! I do!"

Nayeon looked at Momo to see if she was upset or just joking around. Momo's face wasn't exactly readable though. Nayeon turned to Jeongyeon to see if she thought Momo was upset, but Jeongyeon's face was neutral.

"Are you upset with Jeongyeon? Did she offend you in some way Momo? It's okay to share your feelings with us. We won't be mad or upset if you do." Nayeon stood up and walked over to Momo who was preparing breakfast.

Momo stopped what she was doing and just hung her head low. "It's just. Ever since the twins were born, my life is always moving, whether it be the right or wrong way. I mean losing Julian was just the first of many wrong ways. Raising Rumi has been a blessing to me, but it's hard."

Momo wiped a few tears that ran from her eyes. Nayeon quickly hugged Momo and let her finish. "I was never supposed to end up with him, but I was foolish and did it anyway. I have always been Bisexual, from what I remember. I fell hard for Dahyun, but out of fear, I went to him."

"He treated me like shit, but I had to raise Rumi with a normal lifestyle. I wanted her to have both parents in her life. But now I realize how much worse that made it. Rumi knows what her dad does, and she's scared to be at home with him. I could have left before she understood, but I was a bad mom." Momo bawled into Nayeon's shoulder.

Jeongyeon came up to the two and patted Momo's back. "You're not a bad mom Momo, we've been over this. You did things some people would never have the courage to do, hell you had 2 babies! You're doing great with raising her, and even I appreciate that. I'm sure Rumi appreciates the things you do, a lot more than you think."

"Yeah Momo, you're doing great with raising her. She's the sweetest baby, and I wish I could take some burden off you, and help you raise her. I know this may sound out of place, but my biological mom didn't even know I was given up, and I wonder what life may be like for her. I wonder how she would have raised me, and I know I have siblings, and according to them, she regrets not being able to raise me." Nayeon deepened their hug.

"So to me, I know you're doing your best, and you're trying. Life isn't always flowers and lemonade. I ended up in a place I wasn't destined to be, yet I'm learning to work with it. I hope you're doing the same, and you're not beating yourself up because of it." Nayeon finished off and looked at Jeongyeon to see how she was reacting.

"You're right Nayeon. Jeongyeon I'm sorry if it seemed like I was taking things out on you. I know your life has been just as hard, and you've been with me even before the twins were born. You've raised Rumi too, and I owe so much to you as well. She may not call you mom or anything, but I sure as hell wouldn't care if she did." Jeongyeon smiled and hugged Momo. This was the one thing she needed most.

The two girls hated opening up to each other. They just never liked doing it, but Nayeon somehow made it happen. Nayeon has done so much for them already. The girl could become a therapist at this rate, but what no one knows is that Nayeon is training to be one.

This was like a lesson for her, and she got to put her training to work. Nayeon wanted to go to school to be a therapist, once she realized how much help her therapist was to her growing up. She didn't want to exactly pursue it, but seeing how much improvement she has caused in people, she's starting to rethink that path.

"Mommy! Rumi is very hungry! Food please." Rumi broke the moment the older women were having. Momo laughed and ran to pick Rumi up. "I love you so much Rumi, I love being your mommy, and I would never change that, okay?" Momo's tears couldn't help but fall at that moment.

Rumi was a bit confused, but she comforted her mom. "I love Mommy too! You're the best mommy in the world! I like when you turn Barbie on for me, and when you watch it with me! Daddy never does that with me, so I am glad you do!" Rumi used her hand to wipe the tears on Momo's face and then laughed at her.

"Haha! Mommy you're crying! You never cry, only when you're hurt, or Rumi does something bad. Did Rumi do something wrong? Rumi is sorry!" Rumi pouted and apologized. Momo laughed and shook her head. "No, Rumi you didn't do anything wrong. Mommy is just so proud of you. You're beautiful baby, and mommy promises to always watch Barbie with you."

Jeongyeon smiled from afar, she was grateful to witness the strong bond the two already held. Jeongyeon was like this when she was younger too but with her nanny. It was hard for Jeongyeon to connect to her mom when she was older, but she doesn't regret that.

Nayeon took Jeongyeon out of her thoughts immediately when she placed a kiss on Jeongyeon's cheek. Jeongyeon turned her head to Nayeon who held onto her arm like a kid. "Bunny, what was that for?" Nayeon only smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay you two, let's eat, so we can go Black Friday shopping. I want to get Rumi some new things since we'll be moving into Nayeon's place." Momo caught their attention and pushed them to sit down. She quickly placed plates on the table and fed everyone. Their day was just getting started.

___________

A/N: This chapter is so cute to me. I just know Rumi means the world to Jeongyeon and Momo. Also, Nayeon being a Therapist sounds right, considering everything she's done so far.

A/N(Day of upload): I WAS LATE UPLOADING AGAIN, gosh I'm a trash author. Sorry guys🥲

Proofread

Unedited

Words:1472