Chilling curses covered the entire stall, layer upon layer of curses combining to exude a terrifying and frenzied madness, relentless and unyielding.

Tang Ning's gaze moved downward, and his body involuntarily followed, the oppressive feeling in his chest accumulating as the gradually sloppy font spread, making it difficult for him to catch his breath.

At the bottom of the densely packed curses, in the gap between the partition and the floor, where the partition was higher off the ground, the empty space allowed one to see things in the adjacent stall—scattered crumpled papers, and most notably, a pair of eyes that shouldn't be there.

The eyeballs moved up and down, the black pupils constantly rolling, large areas of exposed whites filled with blood vessels, as if someone was leaning in the opposite stall, looking at Tang Ning!

Tang Ning's heart stopped at that moment.

The face zoomed out, and then, accompanied by a scream, a thin object rolled out from the gap! It hit the ground near Tang Ning's feet!

Tang Ning almost jumped out of his skin. Upon closer inspection, it was a black cellphone.

The phone interface was stuck on the card game's card.

With a silver card border, indicating it was an A-grade card. In the card, a lumberjack was surrounded by three axes.

"Ah ah ah ah ah!!!" A piercing scream continuously echoed from the adjacent stall, filled with spine-chilling and painful wails.

Tang Ning, pale-faced, couldn't fathom what was happening in the neighboring stall. Strange sounds emanated through the thin partition—creaking, creaking.

What happened?

The odd sounds continued, accompanied by a sticky gurgling noise. Tang Ning's ears stood on edge, receiving the stimulating sound. After listening for a while, he strangely felt familiar with this sound.

During this period, Tang Ning, having difficulty falling asleep, watched many sleep-inducing videos before bed. These videos featured various triggering sounds, such as scratching, rain, tapping, etc. Each person has different preferences for triggering sounds. Effective triggering sounds can send shivers down one's spine, causing reactions in the neck, spine, and even limbs.

Just like now, a tingling sensation shot down Tang Ning's spine, unable to relax him. Instead, his hair stood on end, and his heartbeat accelerated. If accompanied by such sounds during sleep, the dreams would undoubtedly turn into nightmares.

Creak.

As Tang Ning widened his eyes in slow realization, he finally identified the source of familiarity—

It was the sound of chewing!

Something was feasting on something right behind him!

In that moment of realization, Tang Ning's entire scalp felt like it was about to explode. The faint scent of blood mixed with sweat invaded Tang Ning's nostrils. His stomach churned, and he almost dry-heaved.

The one who had been in this stall before was also a player.

But he died.

The rule says not to make eye contact with the monster. Tang Ning suspected that what he saw through the gap was not a monster but the deceased player.

Every player entering the instance couldn't be sure about their character's actions in the first second. Tang Ning, upon entering this instance, was smelling someone else's clothes. Therefore, this deceased player could also be peeking at the person in the neighboring stall right from the beginning.