The sound of the different games, people, and music filled my ears as I walked deeper into the building.

"Is this the best drug deal you've ever been on?" She asked, looking down at me and I don't know why a large smile broke out on my lips.

"Yes." I said, looking away from her, beginning to walk to the front desk.

" Hi, welcome guys." The person at the front desk said smiling to us.

"Hi, what's the most amount of coins I can get?" Nova said, looking up at the pricing guide above the worker.

"Uhh, the most you can get is 380." The worker said typing on a computer.

"Can I get that please? Thank you." Nova said, looking back down to the worker. Did she not know you have to pay for the coins?

"Sure, that would be 200 dollars." The worker said, looking up to Nova, who began reaching in her pocket.

"Can you excuse us please?" I asked the worker who nodded in response. I quickly began walking back toward the door with Nova.

"Are you seriously going to spend 200 dollars at an arcade Nova?" I whisper yelled at her and she instantly furrowed her brows.

"...Yeah?" She replied, raising a brow.

"Okay, number one, did you forget your parents are paying me to cook for an event? This has nothing to do with that Nova, this is a job." I said putting emphasis on the word paying. It took me a second to realize how crazy this actually was, and that I still have a job to do. I was blindsided by the gesture.

"Okay, number one my parents aren't paying you, I am." She said, mocking my tone. "And number two you're getting paid regardless, who said this wasn't part of the job?"

"Seriously Nova." I deadpanned, keeping my face entirely expressionless.

"Yes, I'm paying you to play games with me— unless you're scared to lose of course..." she trailed off, opening the double doors to leave.

"You wish." I said, rolling my eyes at her and walking back to the worker.

Soon enough Nova had unsurprisingly paid the 200 dollars for the coins and we were walking through the sea of games figuring out which one to play first.

Oddly, all of this felt really romantic and I didn't know how to feel about it. Especially since all of this is purely business. I just can't stop thinking about this, about Nova.

"Do you want prizes or do you want to play for fun?" Nova asked, staring down at me. Her face was completely illuminated by the colorful lights and the glowing arcade screens.

"Doesn't matter." I told her looking away, as a heat coated my body.

"Do you like claw machines?" She asked, continuing to walk past the different games.

"Of course, who doesn't?" I responded walking next to her.

Suddenly a row of claw machines came into my view as we proceeded to walk toward them, they all had different prizes, and ways to win them.

But one of them in particular caught my eye.

I slightly picked up my pace as I moved closer to the machine to get a better look, and my suspicions were true.

Sitting behind the glass in front of me was a light gray dolphin plushie, and I don't think I've wanted anything more in my life.

I quickly turned to Nova and she handed me the cup of coins she had. I reached in the cup to grab a handful of coins to insert them into the machine.