Eighteen: Diced Pineapples.

Start from the beginning

Chloè took in Cimani's words as she thought back to what her mother said to her. For some odd reason she felt as if her mother was trying to be in competition with Cimani and she found that to be so weird. "You're right. It's just, sometimes I wish she was different. Ya' know? But besides that I'm glad I got you. I love you."

Cimani smiled as she hugged her sister one more time, placing a kiss on her forehead. "I love you more, now where my brother at?" She asked referring to Jaheim.

Chloè smiled, "Home. He should be coming over to see me later since I got school tomorrow. Now, where my brother at?" She said referring to Ezriah.

Cimani looked at the door before responding, "He should be in the living room somewhere. Come on."

Cimani and Chloè made their way to the living room and ironically, Ezriah was making his way down the stairs. Once he seen Chloè he smiled. "Ezriah! My guy I missed you." Chloè dragged out her words as she embraced him into a hug.

"What's up knuckle head?" He asked playfully as he used his two knuckles to ruffle her hair a bit. "I missed you more." He responded

Chloè let out a laugh as she pulled away from the hug. Cimani just stood there with a smile, watching their interaction. She loved that Chloè and Ezriah were close.

"Hey Ermias." She smiled as she waved to him. Ermias was the quiet brother so Chloè barely spoke to him, but when she did he was very respectful. "Hey Chloè." He smiled as he made his way to the couch, taking a seat next to Ashley.

"How was ya' trip?" She asked turning back to Ezriah.

Ezriah shook his head, scratching the back of his neck. "Honestly, it was a business trip for me. Pretty boring." He didn't want Chloè to know anything about his life style and what he did. He wouldn't dare tell her what actually occurred on their two week trip to California.

"What about that money I gave you before I left? That was enough? Cause you know if it wasn't you could've called me and I would've sent you some more." He asked her as he made his way to the kitchen, opening the fridge he seen they were kind of low on food. "And go get dressed too, we going food shopping." He said to both Cimani and Chloè.

"Actually, that was more than enough. Thank you." Chloè said with a smile. She genuinely liked Ezriah, he was good man with a good heart in her eyes. "And I just gotta shower and stuff really quick. Okay?"

Ezriah nodded as he poured himself a cup of orange juice. "Aight bet, so do we." He said as he looked over at Cimani who was now occupied by her phone.

He decided to let Ermias have his alone time with Ashley so he grabbed Cimani's hand and led her upstairs. Once they made it to her room, Cimani couldn't help but to smile as she wrapped her arms around his waist, looking up at him. "Thank you." She said softly.

"For what?"

She licked over her lips, her eyes examining every inch of his face. "For everything. You didn't have to give Chloè money, nor do you have to take us food shopping. I got it."

Ezriah shook his head no, as he placed a kiss on her lips. "No, that's my job. I'm here to take care of you and whoever else. Chloè like a sister to me too, ima always be here for the both of yall."

His words made her heart flutter, she honestly didn't know what she did to deserve his love, but she was just happy he was more open with his feelings now then he was before.

It didn't take long for either of them to get ready, which was surprising. Soon they were on their way to the nearest Stop & Shop.

Ermias and Ashley opted to stay in the house since Ashley had a doctors appointment at 2 p.m that they both would be attending.