End of Summer

(Y/N) looked and looked for the lost toxin for the next week, but never found it. Whilst concerning, he ultimately gave up on the search as he didn't want to raise any alarms within camp. July passed by after that. After Hades' words, the son of Asclepius began training more often in the arena. He hadn't gotten rusty, but believed that proper precautions needed to be taken if situations in the future escalated. He would frequently spar with Percy and Clarisse, always coming out on top but still taking it a little easy on them. He had also begun to holster the staff on his back instead of always carrying it, opting now to train with dual wielding blades. They were a normal celestial bronze when (Y/N) had them on his hips, but shone a brilliant gold when he held them, another one of his special effects. He really hoped Apollo didn't come after him for stealing his trademarked gold. Sure, blades did violate the Hippocratic oath, but he was the one who gave Hippocrates the idea of the oath and there was nothing wrong with bending the rules for the greater good. (Y/N) also remembered what the god of war asked of him, and so eventually told Clarisse her father wanted to speak with her. She definitely had an idea of what Ares wanted, but never showed any emotion. Ares really was too harsh on his kids.Percy became a frequent patient of his, pushing himself to his limits and often landing in (Y/N)s office. The two bonded more than (Y/N) thought he would have, he didn't usually get on well with children of the big three in the past, but Percy was a fresh new son of the sea god who provided a new perspective.

The two would talk during check ups, and one day Percy expressed a concern about his prophecy that (Y/N) had completely glossed over. 

"I just feel like something's off. I don't know if the prophecy has actually been completed. You shall go west, and face the god who has turned. Been there, done that, even though the traitor god had turned out to be Ares rather than Hades. You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned. Check. We did eventually get the master bolt delivered. One helm of darkness back on Hades's oily head. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. That line still bothers me. Ares had pretended to be my friend, then betrayed me. That must be what the Oracle meant.... And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end. I had failed to save my mom, but only because I'd let her save herself, and I knew that was the right thing. So why am I still uneasy? I'm sure you've seen a quest like this in the past." 

It did make sense, a lot of unease had entered (Y/N)s mind recently. 

"True, I have seen cases where a prophecy doesn't truly end until years later, pull your shirt up please." 

He was confused for a second, but realised the command and pulled his orange shirt up. No scars, no bruises, nothing. Either he was lucky in combat or that water healing was beginning to rival his abilities. Pressing a stethoscope against the boy's chest, his heart could be heard pumping away. Funnily though, the creaking of waves could also be heard. Removing the stethoscope and scribbling down a few notes about Percy's condition, he continued, "The words of the Oracle are meant to confuse the receiver, twist their mind to madness and the like. Luckily, we've got Dionysus kids for that, and Athena kids are good with cracking little riddles. If I were you, I'd just try to enjoy the last week of camp. Whatever happens cannot be changed, altered or stopped, so best is to enjoy the serenity of life whilst you can." 

Hopping off the medical bed, Percy grabbed Riptide from a weapons rack and before leaving thanked (Y/N). 

"Thanks doc, I'm sure I'll be back in here again before the summer's over." 

Throwing back his head in a laugh, the young physician replied, "I'm sure you will, but try to take it easy on Clarisse, I'm wasting all my supplies on her!" 

They shared a laugh before Percy left, leaving (Y/N) to his work. The last night of the summer session came all too quickly. The campers had one last meal together, and they burned part of their dinner for the gods. (Y/N) didn't usually burn his perfectly designed meal, but this time he gave a small offering to Hades, a little thanks for the gods help down in the Underworld. At the bonfire, the senior counsellors awarded the end-of-summer beads. Percy got his own leather necklace, and (Y/N) saw that he blushed ever so slightly at the sight of the bead. (Y/N) was the one who suggested the idea, and everyone deemed it a good idea. The design was pitch black, with a sea-green trident shimmering in the centre.