Why?

All fifty contestants stood before the lead scout Hajime, sweaty and exhausted after playing three games of football as well as training drills within the space of a day. No matter if you were James King or Itoshi Rin, everyone was not fit to compete in another match for the rest of the day.

He looked at the data that was compiled in front of him and smiled. These results showed the best Japan had to offer the world, even if there were two foreigners in the mix. Something which irked him. This was meant to be about Japanese soccer, not foreign talents.

"Most of you are going to leave here disappointed. This is a fact" Hajime stated garnering the attention of all, the scouts crossed their arms as the scouted stiffened. Nobody wanted to miss out on the chance to go overseas and play soccer against the premier talents.

"Here are the results in order of best scores, to weakest. I will only name the fifteen that have qualified for this tour." Hajmie explained as he looked around. "First place with the best results in all categories is James King, he will..."

Hajimie paused reluctantly, despite his personal biases, he needed to follow through with his original plan of data driven results. "Lead the team as the Captain."

King crossed his arms with a smirk, his eyes peering into Hajime's as if he could tell what his internal monologue was saying. Eyes that did not belong to a child. "Next in second place is Itoshi Rin"

"Third is Tabito Karasu, acting as the Vice-Captain" Hajime explained as he scanned the rest of the crowd, these names didn't surprise anyone. He paused again looking at the next name, a defender that was like King, only he had a clear heritage.

Born in Japan from an American Army Major who is stationed in Okinawa and a Japanese woman. Half Japanese, Half American. "Fourth is Ogun Montgomery"

King was confused, he didn't pay attention to any of the people besides the named characters that would eventually appear in Blue Lock, this new figure was a mystery to him. He looked around as his eyes landed on an African American boy who jumped up into the air, punching the air as his orange eyes glowed with Ego.

"Hell yeah!" the boy screamed out in English.

King narrowed his eyes with confusion, how could he miss someone with an ego so clearly visible and so different from the rest of the candidates. It was surprising to see someone of his descent here, the same could be said about him. Which gave him hope, perhaps only results mattered in this trip, not ego or strict adherence to Japanese norms.

"Fifth will be Kurona Raze" Hajimie explained as James turned his attention to the shark boy who grinned as his eyes started to blaze a dark blue. He looked at James and showed his sharp teeth.

"The shark is going overseas"

James burst into a fit of chuckles as he patted Kurona's back. Wiping an imaginary tear from his eye he smiled. "That was cringe but I get around it"

Kurona frowned. "But all the things you say are cringe?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James was the last to leave the locker room, doing a little five finger discount to all the cleaning products as well as other football based gear that was provided to them by the JFA for this tryout. He had exchanged numbers with Kurona and named him 'Pet Shark' in his phone for the gags.

Not that he wanted a pet shark like Kurona, the idea of people following him around obediently offended him. Freedom was paramount for any healthy relationship that James intended to keep.

As he exited the room he spotted the other foreign looking boy being crowded by some of the people that did not make the squad. All looking pissed off.

"How could they let someone like you into the squad" one boy said, causing James to frown. Racism was common in Japan, even to people like him. Anyone that was not Japanese genetically was discriminated against due to insecurity held by the 'natural' population.

Blue Lock: Fast Laneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें