The (Re)Birth

To James it was one of those age old questions within the anime community, if you could be born in any anime verse what would it be? Everyone would pick one of the classic universes like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or Dragon Ball while others would pick My Hero Academia, Hunter x Hunter or even Gintama . Then you had your insane part of the community, where they would say Attack on Titan, Promised Neverland or god forbid Berserk. He could somewhat understand the risk that weebs would take for muscle mommies like Misaka.

If he had the choice he would choose a normal Slice of Life or even a sports anime, that was probably the safest choice. So when he was asked to write down the list of anime that he would not like to be reincarnated into he put down Beserk first. Followed by all other horror-esk anime he had watched, then Bleach, what he considered to be the scariest verse of the big three. Soul eating zombies, Big Brain Supper Baddies like Aizen and people who radiated Black Air force energy like Ywatch, Kenpachi, Ichigo and Grimmjow. He loved the anime and the manga, one of his top ten for sure, he just didn't like the thought of competing with those monsters.

If he had to pick a universe to reincarnate into it would be Blue Lock, it was probably the best way he could not die and earn tons of money and have that anime feel.

The next reddit threat was similar to the last he had discussed, this one being about how one would be reborn, a gamer system was broken, it could easily allow the player to rank up in the world tier list fairly fast. So he had to put that on top. Next would probably be reincarnated as an OC from a game or DND campaign, that way you know the character and their fighting style or abilities.

All of his powers of his OC's and DND characters revolved around speed and rapid directional change, teleportation was his go to power, essentially a copy and paste of Minato Namikaze from Naruto. The IQ that would be inherited from that base was a welcome bonus. For those that didn't know this guy is the genius of all geni.

All the characters would be named James King.

But that was all nonsense he thought, there was no way that he would ever be in that situation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James also played hockey, something which he had done since his early childhood. He was used to the atmosphere and the dangers that came alongside it. Given that the country he had grown up in, the standard here was the best in the world. The grade he played in was considered the second best in the state, which essentially translated to two grades below world class.

But the gap between those grades was huge. Mt Everest level huge. To put it in perspective, it was like comparing the best semi-pro team to the Olympic Champions. Only those that had insane talent or refined their craft to the point of total mastery could even contend.

Climbing the talent ladder would have to wait, for the young adult had a finals match to win. His mind wandered back to the current situation. It was an inbound pass, the score was nill all. Last play of the game. Typical hero scenario.

He wanted to be the hero. But he had to stick to the drawn out play. That would give him the best chance of winning and getting a berth into the Grand Final.

The ball was passed inbound to the team's midfielder. James ran to the post, the play was simple, ping the ball to the post and deflect it in.

The mid smashed the ball towards him, his instincts yelling at him to move.But his battle hardened body refused to move he stuck to the plan, the team needed him to. To everyone's surprise a defender essentially threw their stick at the ball changing the trajectory at the last nano-second. The ball launched into the air even faster than before, still on target.