Shivering in the cold rain, wounds continuously washed by the downpour, Tang Ning's frail body, seemingly insignificant to others, bore a small cut that felt like a multitude of ants gnawing. However, the pain was not the most unbearable; it was the overwhelming cold, rendering Tang Ning's movements akin to a puppet with stiff limbs, making him almost powerless.

He needed a warm coat wrapped around him, or a raincoat and an umbrella.

Endure a bit longer, hold on a little more.

Tang Ning admonished himself. The appearance of the gravedigger was already a stroke of luck. Now, the gravedigger was engaged in something crucial. Tang Ning reminded himself not to overstep, as no one would be as forgiving as Mo Yunchu.

Mo Yunchu, Mo Yunchu. Why did he keep thinking about Mo Yunchu?!

Tang Ning bit his lip, abandoning all distractions, and followed the gravedigger towards the graves.

After an unknown duration, they stopped in front of a tombstone.

The torrential rain washed the black-and-white photo on the tombstone; it was Lu Yingxing's grave.

Although Tang Ning anticipated it, seeing Lu Yingxing's grave left him perplexed. He wore an ancient jade amulet that protected him from harm by spirits. Lu Yingxing couldn't truly harm him. Persistently following Tang Ning would only weaken Lu Yingxing's strength. After accompanying Tang Ning for so long, Lu Yingxing's inability to be noticed indicated his increasing weakness.

So why insist on following in this situation?

Is it an instinct even malevolent spirits cannot resist?

The gravedigger grabbed more paper money from the bag, scattering it onto the tombstone. Each piece fluttered towards the small black-and-white portrait of Lu Yingxing, and in that moment, the eerie gaze in the photo seemed to come alive, peering through the fluttering paper money towards Tang Ning.

"Take the money, and it's time to leave!"

An inexplicable gloomy wind blew towards the paper money, blowing away all the gravedigger had scattered.

Clearly, Lu Yingxing was unwilling to leave.

It was Tang Ning's first time witnessing a confrontation between a living person and a ghost. His heart rose to his throat, uncertain about the unfolding events.

Unfazed, the gravedigger pulled out a pitch-black thread from his pocket. Coldly, he said, "He who respects the cup shall be spared from the punishment of wine!"

The black thread, like a living entity, shot out from the gravedigger's hand, heading straight for behind Tang Ning. Tang Ning dared not move; the straight line continued to tremble. The gravedigger's gaze was unwavering as one end of the black thread wrapped around Tang Ning's index and middle fingers. With a vigorous pull, the gravedigger seemed to be dragging something.

Tang Ning could feel the cold breath behind him infiltrating his body.

In that moment of the Yin Qi entering his body, Tang Ning seemed to hear a piercing, heart-wrenching scream. The cry carried extreme agony, and in a daze, it sounded like Lu Yingxing's voice saying, "Escape!!!"

The black thread was abruptly pulled away by the gravedigger. The phantom sound disappeared from Tang Ning's mind, leaving him in pain, furrowing his brows and pressing his swollen temples.

Was it Lu Yingxing speaking in his mind just now, or did he create a hallucination?

Tang Ning's headache intensified. He looked at the black-and-white photo on the tombstone; this time, Lu Yingxing's eyes did not move to meet his gaze. Like all ordinary post-mortem photos, Lu Yingxing remained motionless, staring straight ahead.