Skyfall

Chris manages to sit up, his hair covering his face as he shivers. To the teen who had been brought back to life, the room was like a freezer. His hands shake as he grabs his triceps to stabilize himself. Brenner watches with bated breath, all that hard work, all those experiments, and pushing that boy's body to its limit. It all lead to this.

Was the boy before him, the next One?

"It's so...cold in here." Chris speaks for the first time in months, a slight rasp in his voice from lack of use. He lifts his head and scans the faces of the doctors, soldiers, and the other personal before his eyes land on Brenner. They were all the reason that he was taken away from his friends, from Max. His hatred and rage boiled like a kettle.

He hated them

He hated everyone in that room who watched him with fear.

But the one he hated most of all, was the only one in the room with a smile on his twisted face.

With a sudden swipe, Chris grabs the face of a scientist closest to him, his hand clamping over the man's face with his body disintegrating to dust in seconds. The other scientists, the soldiers, and the other personal stare in both shock and horror while Brenner smiles with pride. This was it, his perfect creation, right before his eyes. Brenner motions to a doctor, giving the doctor the order to sedate the teen. The doctor quickly grabs a sedative but before he can get close to Chris, the teen grabs the doctor by the throat, turning him to dust in seconds. The others back up while Chris levitates the sedatives in the air with his telekinesis. With a clench of his fist, the syringes shatter, and the liquid falls to the floor. Chris then turns back to Brenner and his smile drops off of his face. Chris was giving him a stone cold expression, his eyes almost looking lifeless. 

It surprised the man, as well as frightened him.

Chris raises his hand into the air and fear took hold of Brenner. He begins to back away and rushes for the elevator. "Run!" He yells and the others in the room look between him and Chris who smiles sinisterly, a part of him enjoying the fear in Brenner's voice. Chris slams his hand on the ground and instantly, the ground in front of him begins to disintegrate, spreading like wildfire. Some, who hadn't taken Brenner's warning, quickly turn to dust while others flee for their lives. A few brave soldiers take aim at the teen and fire upon him. However, Chris simply lifts his hand and the bullets are stopped by his telekinesis. The soldiers stare in fear at the floating bullets and are barely able to process it before the bullets get sent right back at them. A few get pierced through the head, others in the chest and stomach. However, their blood doesn't have a chance to stain the floor as the floor crumbles to dust along with the bodies. Chris begins to walk foward, following his wake of destruction. He notices a doctor, attempting to hide from him and he pivots, marching towards the doctor who shivers with fear. "Your coat, please... it's cold in here." Chris only had a pair of shorts on, covering his lower half, yet he had no shoes and no shirt. The doctor quickly takes off his lab coat and hands it over to Chris who gently puts it on. "Thank you." The doctor wordlessly nods with fear still in his eyes yet Chris pays him no mind, walking away. The doctor doesn't have a chance to do much else as Chris' powers reach the doctor's body, and turn him to dust.