They're Coming to Take Us Away

Chris watches as doctors rush past followed by Joyce Byers and her new boyfriend. "What's going on?" James looks towards the scene and shakes his head. "I have no idea.." The two of them walk toward the door and go to open the door only for guards to stop them. "Twelve, your presence has been requested." One of the guards turn toward James. "Not you sir, only authorized personal." Chris glares at the guard "He comes with me or I don't come at all." The guard sighs as he puts his hand to his clearly tired and annoyed eyes.

"Doctor? 012 is requesting that his parental guardian c- "My name is Chris not 012, he is my father, and it was a request." Chris glares at the guard who once again sighs. "I don't get payed enough to deal with this shit." The guard turns back toward the walkie. "Chris wants his father to come with him." Owens voice sparks to life via the walkie "That's fine, bring him in." The guard sighs before gesturing to the father and son. "Let's go"

Chris stares at Will who stares back at him with blank eyes. Joyce turns her attention from Will to Chris to Owens. "What is going on here?" Owens motions toward Chris "Chris hear will be helping me performing a few tests on Will here." "Tests? Are you trying to experiment on my boy?!" Owens shakes his head "No ma'am, but unless we figure out what is wrong with him, we can't help." Joyce looks back at Will with an uncertain and fearful look. "Will" Chris says and Will's eyes slowly move toward him. "We didn't get to officially meet during Halloween but I'm Chris" Chris holds out a gloved hand. Will slowly reaches out and grasps his hand as the two of them lightly shakes hands. 

James moves over toward Hopper who looks at him "Why does the Doc want Chris to help?" "He has these..well before all of this I would of called it crazy but he has these..powers." Hopper's eyes widen "Apparently, Owens wanted to help unlock his other powers- "What?!" Hopper turns toward Owens and speed walks towards the doctor who turns just in time for Hopper to grab his lab coat. "What the hell did you do to that boy?!" Owens raises his hands "I did what I needed to do Chief" "You said- "I said I would leave your town alone and 'keep my shit out of your town.' Chief, Chris here is very similar to the girl." Hopper slightly losses his grip on Owen's collar. 

"So..Brenner.." Owens nods "He left a long time before the incident with Byers but when I found out he was back in Hawkins, I wanted to see him." "I had also learned that he no longer had access to one of his powers, which is why I wanted to bring him to me even more, to attempt to help him and, after some..internal problems here, we were able to free those powers. While they may be weak, they will be very efficient in fighting against whatever is going on." Hopper glares at Owens "And what exactly is going on?" Owens nods "That's what I'd like to show you." Two other scientists walk toward the three men with hazmat suits in their arms.

Chris and Terra stare at Will as he sleeps. "So..this is the kid, huh?" Chris nods "Yeah..he didn't get lost in the woods." Terra shooks her head "Papa..he forced me to constantly find Eleven or Will but..without knowing where they were, I was no help..Papa wasn't happy with me..said I was a failure and that he would have 011 do what I could not..be useful to him." Chris stared at the girl with sympathy. "I'm sorry he made you feel that way..and that he treated you that way." Terra sighs "Why do you care? You got out..had a happy life and y- "That's not true.." Terra looks over at Chris as he grasps a small empty piece of paper. "I don't remember specific things from the lab, but I remember how he treated us..he loved us..but we were..children to him..we were subjects, and I remember..pain.."

Chris feels his body lift into the air

"fear.."

A loud scream followed by a loud snapping sound fills Chris' head

"and..death"

Flashes of dead scientists and other children show before his mind

Chris turns toward Terra who looks at the ground in fear "I don't remember either..but..it is like..my body doesn't..want me to remember." Chris nods "Then maybe it is best we leave the past in the past." Terra shakes her head "I wish I could but..the past always remember, and some day, it will come back for us."