[89] You're Just Like Your Father...!

Start from the beginning

"I will show you the rope tomorrow, after school. We also need to talk about something. And I think my mother would like to meet you as well. So you should come to visit my house after my school ends. Do I need to pick you up? Fly you back and forth like today?" my hands felt her tight waist as I spoke to her, making her cheeks red.

"Nope, I'll manage myself. See you tomorrow then, my pegasus?"

Did she just call me a fucking horse? Crazy. She was fitting well into the girlfriend role. I gave her one last goodbye kiss and took off to the air again. My form blurred across the air and I appeared on top of my house in no time.

'Hmm?' Something feels off.

* * *

– Ding Dong

How odd.

The doorbell rang and I waited outside. The door clicked and opened in no time; behind it stood a girl with short silver-hair, a blue hair strand hanging in her forehead, as she locked her blue eyes at me.

[Image Here]

"Ah, my lord, you're back

"Ah, my lord, you're back..." said the girl who should have been a stranger to me, but I recognized her as Blue, the tiger cub. She wore a white overcoat with a black turtleneck and pants below.

She had used [Polymorph] magic to take this human form. Her greeting tone was a little weird, though...

"Is there anything wrong, Blue?"

"Um..." she rubbed the back of her head. "It's your mother. She had been trying to reach you since last night, but your phone was unreachable. She's pretty mad."

"Ah. Oh shit." I quickly walked inside. I was in the underworld, so naturally, there was no network there. I had a guess that was mad at me anyway because of how the season ended, but this made things worse.

"Um, be careful, my lord!" Blue sounded like she had seen some scary things in the house recently as she waved me off. From the aura I sensed, I didn't doubt her fear for a second.

Ruby wasn't here; my Jade Perception let me know that she was in Tsubasa's house with Asia. The tiger cubs were scattered all around the yard, none were in the house. Even Blue stepped out after warning me.

Inside the entire house, I sensed only one presence. And it was stupidly strong.

Walking around the halls, my feet came to a stop outside the living room. My eyes locked on the ethereal form that sat on the couch, near the window that was glowing too brightly for an early night.

There shouldn't have been any sun out at this moment, yet the windows were white. The entire room was lit up like that. There was a gentle fog around the place and I felt a sense of tranquility and peace wash over my body.

"....What are you doing, mom?"

"Hmm? You're here." a soft, ethereal voice spoke and a blonde head slowly turned to look at me. Dressed in the outfit of a deity, Ai Hoshino looked at me with her hair and eyes having changed to golden.