L

Morrigan Brooks

AS I made my way down the aisle, a long pure white carpet, lined with different flowers such as babys breath and peonies, I gazed at the people with us.

Nik was walking with me, our arms interlinked, Rebekah was waiting at the altar with Eliza and Emilie, and Henry was standing with Elijah who was waiting, looking at me like I was the only thing that mattered.

After what felt like an eternity, we made it, and Klaus gave me a brotherly kiss on the cheek and a rare caring smile.

"He hurts you, come find me and I'll deal with him," he says, mock seriously.

"I will," I joke with him before walking up the few stairs to where Elijah was.

Sure, we were already married, but this was a proper wedding. One we planned. One we talked about. One we deserved after all these years.

I walk up and take Elijah's hands in my own.

Giovanni, somehow, was back and he was our officiant yet again, thankfully enough.

"Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and most importantly, beloved Morrigan and Elijah. We stand here today in the presence of love, surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of this sacred place, to witness and celebrate the union of two souls. Marriage is a profound commitment, a covenant that transcends the physical and touches the depths of our spirits. Today, we gather not only to witness but to participate in the creation of a new chapter in the lives of Morrigan and Elijah," Giovanni starts, obviously having more time on his hands to write a longer speech than when we took someone else's spot.

There was a bit more to the speech, but we finally got to the last bit.

"Now, with the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. Elijah, you may kiss your bride," Giovanni says with a fond smile.

"Morrigan!" I hear. Of course, I get woken up right before the good bit. "Morrigan, get up now!"

"Wha'd'you want?" I mumble ineligible words.

"Get up we're going to get breakfast," Eliza says, barging into our room. Elijah was due to be at the airport in two hours, so I didn't really care. She walked over and turned on the lights. "We're all waiting for you."

"Yeah, how long have you been waiting?" I ask with a knowing smile. "Now get out unless you want an eyeful," I say, locking the door with a lazy flick of my hand.

"I don't think I really... have to leave," Elijah mumbles groggily, and I laugh, lying back down next to him.

"You know you do. And as soon as the... drama is over, you can come straight back. He's your family. Are you sure you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I ask and he shakes his head, pecking his lips on mine.

"You need to stay with your friends. You seem happy, you seem like you're having fun, and that's what matters to me," he says. "And while I rush Niklaus to... once, only once to let something go, I will be back here as soon as possible and we can plan our wedding."

I smile at the idea of finally having the big wedding we have always wanted. "Good. I was thinking New Orleans, you know, full circle moment, but now I'm thinking Lake Como. New Orleans might be cursed for us."