XXXIV

a/n: you guys aren't actually ready

Elijah Mikaelson

No. This couldn't be happening. Not again. I couldn't live through this again.

"Eugh, that's gross," she said nonchalantly, scrunching her nose, but other than the smell, it didn't seem to be bothering her. "That's embarrassing. Sorry for waking you, babe." She says, going to the sink to wash out her mouth.

I could tell she was shaken, but it wasn't from the bile. She was before she jumped from my arms.

"Go back to bed, I'll be right there." She says and it was like a coin dropped because suddenly I was back in the present.

"It's- uh- it's fine. I'll wait for you." I say, making her smile genuinely, making me smile.

She brushes her teeth again, I assume to get rid of the taste before waving a hand over the bile, muttering an incantation, making it all disappear. She takes my hand and leads us back to bed.

"Hey, are you ok?" She asks, stroking my hair from my face I resisted the urge to have a vulnerable moment with her because it would just lead to questions I couldn't answer.

"Yeah, just... had a strange dream," I settle for that excuse and she nods, curling into me and falling asleep but I wouldn't be able to reach that state. No way. My mind was going at a million miles a minute.

Why was she suddenly exhibiting the symptoms of what caused her death? It was so sudden. Was that the reason she was shaken, maybe? Did someone put a spell on her that triggered her memories?

I should probably be scared of the day she remembers everything, but I wasn't. Excited wasn't the word, but I would be happy for her. Even if she never wanted to see me again, even if she vowed something horrid on me, I would be happy that she knew everything. That her mind wasn't filled with holes and that she didn't have any regrets.

Morrigan Brooks

I woke up, hoping the whole thing from last night was a nightmare or a cruel joke, but then got out of bed, and the whole thing came rushing back in a bit too much detail.

"Bleugh," I say to myself, remembering the bitter taste of the bile.

I looked back into the bedroom and saw Elijah was still there, though shifting around.

When I walk over, he opens his eyes and looks up at me and smiles sleepily, and I would be lying if it didn't give me butterflies.

"Morning, babe," I say, flopping back into bed and he curls a lazy arm around my ribcage and presses a kiss to my temple.

"Good morning, love," he says as I pull the flat sheet over me.

"You know what we should do?" I say and he turns to me with a quizzical expression on his face. "We should go to the beach after Alaric dies."

"This is sudden. What made you want to go to the beach?" He asks.

"It wouldn't remind me of this godforsaken place," I groan and he laughs.

"Don't worry, love, there is no way we stay after this," he laughs and I release a dramatic sigh.

"Do you think we have to get up today?" I ask and he ponders for a second.