XVII

Morrigan Brooks

"FUCK off," I groan, groggy from sleep. It wasn't even light out and someone was knocking on my door.

"Morrigan, let's go." Klaus' impatient tone was easily detected. I roll my eyes, burying my face further into the pillow. "I'm going to come in and force you to come if you don't now."

"Don't give a fuck," I groan, but true to his word, he opens my door and rips the covers off of me. "Klaus do you know how early it is?"

"It's nine-thirty." He deadpans. 

"Yeah, so I should be asleep and not hounded by you." He doesn't answer. Instead, he takes it upon himself to open all of the curtains and turns on all of the lights, making sure there is no way I could get back to sleep.

"Asshole," I mutter, before whispering an incantation. "Omnem lucem expellere." I say and it goes dark again. 

"Mor, get up. I have the name of the werewolf."

"The werewolf?" I say sarcastically. "There are multiple werewolves, you're going to have to be more specific."

"Ray Sutton is his name," Klaus says, ignoring my sarcasm. "Can you do a locator spell for him without anything of his?" 

"No," I say, putting my pillow over my face. He rips it away and I just groan. "Get out." He raises an eyebrow. "Unless you want to watch me get changed, like a creep might I add, get out." He rolls his eyes but does as I ask, closing the door behind him.

I pull out a black top with a sweetheart neckline and denim shorts to go with it, and then reluctantly put on a pair of black sneakers, figuring that we would be walking around in the woods if we were looking for a wolf. 

I quickly do my makeup, put my hair in a claw clip, grab a little black purse and leave my hotel room

I quickly do my makeup, put my hair in a claw clip, grab a little black purse and leave my hotel room. I go down to the lobby to find Klaus and Stefan waiting. 

"About time," the former says impatiently. He gets up and starts walking towards the door while Stefan drags it along. 

It had been almost a month since I was bitten and we had made no progress whatsoever on locating any werewolves, so this name Klaus found was relatively exciting, or at least the most excitement that I could get from travelling with two broody vampires. 

I walk with Stefan and we go out to where Klaus was. He was leaning against his car and when he sees us, he immediately gets in the driver's side. 

"Shotgun," I say, half walking half running to the passenger side. As soon as Stefan gets in, Klaus steps in the pedal and we're off.

VERY quickly into our ten-year road trip, I realised it got on Klaus' nerves when I talked about his brother with any sort of affection.

"I miss Elijah, he was so nice to me," I say wistfully.