Tang Ning's hands and feet were ice-cold; the blood in his fingertips seemed to be freezing. In this chilling experience, Tang Ning's mind momentarily cleared, feeling a hint of confusion.

His task now was to sew the doll possessed by the ghost baby, not to ruthlessly deal with Lu Yingxing. Why was Lu Yingxing willing to risk dissipating rather than let him open the bag?

Feeling an inexplicable panic, Tang Ning released his grip. The weight on him further diminished. If not for the eerie coldness, Tang Ning might not have sensed the weight at all.

"Have you started sewing the doll?" Mr. Hao's distorted voice came from the phone. Tang Ning held the phone, its light illuminating his pale jaw. Tang Ning's eyes trembled, and he opened a new message on his phone:

【If you don't want to die, don't sew up the doll's legs.】

【Sender】: Lao Liu

This number was given by Director Lin to Tang Ning, who hadn't contacted it before. Now, with Tang Ning on the line with Mr. Hao, a call came in from Lao Liu.

A lightning bolt struck, illuminating the doll lying silently at Tang Ning's feet. Tang Ning, with a pale face, silently hung up Mr. Hao's call, then answered Lao Liu's call.

On the phone, Lao Liu's hoarse voice said, "Have you sewn up the doll's legs?"

Tang Ning whispered, "Not yet."

Rainwater clattered against the window. Lao Liu slowly began, "Let me tell you a story."

"Once, there was a young man. He didn't have much talent, but he was exceptionally brave. Through an introduction, he became a hearse driver."

"In this line of work, there's a rule. If someone flags you down in the middle of the night, never stop. That young man, not taking it seriously, always felt that if a person does nothing wrong, there's nothing to fear, preferring to be an upright person rather than fearing ghosts and deities."

Tang Ning didn't speak; he felt a chill.

"One night, he drove past a desolate burial ground and encountered a pregnant woman waving him down. She wore a white dress, long hair, and had a big belly. He immediately thought of his pregnant wife at home. If, by chance, something happened to his wife, and a passing driver didn't pick her up because of fear of ghosts, what would he do?"

"Putting himself in others' shoes, he stopped the car." Lao Liu paused for a long time after saying this, quiet to the point where only the sound of rain could be heard.

Tang Ning's breath became heavy, a heavy emotion seemed to press on his chest. He heard Lao Liu say softly, "It was the biggest regret of his life."

"The pregnant woman died in his car. Her lower body was covered in blood, so much blood, and when he touched it, the blood was cold."

"He fell seriously ill afterward and encountered many strange incidents. The strangest was when his wife slipped in the bathroom during the day. He had clearly warned his wife never to bathe alone when at home. How could his wife inexplicably go into the bathroom to bathe?"

"When he returned home, he saw his wife covered in blood. That blood had flowed for who knows how long and had already turned cold, draining away through the drain."

"He felt responsible for his wife and unborn child's death. He hated it! He cried! He regretted it! He would rather the female ghost take him away. At that moment, a Taoist priest arrived. The priest said there was a way to keep his wife and child at home."

"Whatever the priest said, he did. The priest told him that his child had possessed a doll, and if the child misbehaved, it would run around. The priest instructed him to dismantle the doll's legs so that his child wouldn't be able to run far."