- Chapter 2 -

My knees hit the ground as I try to hold my body up with my arms. Small drops of sweat color the underneath me, my breath is heavy and it feels like I can't breath fast enough to give my body the oxygen it needs.

"I need a break." I whisper as I look up through my lashes. Rhys is standing right in front of me, the blood running out of his nose already stopped.

"Do you know how to control it now?" He asks and kneels down.

"I think so ..." I grumble and sit down, resting my arms on my knees.

Thinking isn't good enough. Noctis hisses.

'I'm sorry! It's exhausting to concentrate the energy running through me to another person.'

Well but if you don't know how to control it and lose your temper again you'll die.

Looking up, I glare at the giant dragon. I know he's right, but this power is so much more than the magic I'm used to.

"Rhys this is so much harder than you trying to teach me to not get my mind crushed by someone like you."

"But I can't crush yours, can I?" A small smirk plays at his lips.

"No..."

"So you'll manage to control this power too. - hey Nea. Look at me." His hand grab your face and force you to look at him.

"Nea. You'll find a way and until you'll do so, I'll be here every single night ready for you to make me bleed." He smiles and whips away a tear running down your cheek.

"What if I accidentally hurt you?" I start to sob.

"You won't. You'd never hurt me. Or any of us." His hand leaves my face and reaches for my hand, pulling me up with him.

"The sun is rising, I should go now ... and you should eat something."

"Hey Rhys?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I smile and he returns it, before clouding himself in his darkness and disappears.

Go now. Your hunger is rubbing off on me.

'Why were you here in the first place?'

Moral support.

'All you've been doing, is telling me to do it faster and concentrate more.'

Because I worry about you. You're excellent at challenging your other powers, but this?

' I don't want to talk about this now.' Annoyed I turn around and stomp off the field. On my back I still feel the hot air from Noctis huff and stumble forward when he flys off, a bit too energetic.

I tried my best to avoid my friends today, I really couldn't bear them asking me what is wrong with me and lying to them about me just being tired.

Exhausted I fell down in my bed and passed out immediately, until I wake up by Rhys calling me. So I get up and spend the night working on my ... blood manipulation... and have my breakfast again, and class, and training with Xaden...and sleep and Training with Rhys again...and so my days go by for the next month.

At some point my body gets used to it and everything is more bearable now. So here I am again, standing on the flying field an making Rhys bleed form his almost healed wound again. He told me he got it because Feyre distracted him while training with Cassian.

"Do it again." Rhys says after his wound closes again... or more like the blood stopped pouring out of it again.

"Isn't it enough?" I sigh.

"No. Again, one more time Nea." He smiles.

Focusing my powers, you concentrate on feeling of his blood running through his body, feel how it concentrates on his organs... on his brain.

Do it. A soft voice whispers in my head.

Do it. It speaks again.

It is as if my powers channel themselves, my fingers tickle yet I don't move a finger. I'm fully consumed by my powers and feeling of Rhys blood in his head.

"N- Nea?" Rhys voice breaks, and his fingers move up to his mouth. Blood starts running... out of his mouth, nose.. ears... and eyes.

"Nea..." he whispers and collapses on the ground.

NEA! Noctis calls inside my head.

STOP NOW.

No... keep going. The soft voice hisses.

DON'T LISTEN TO HER. YOU NEED TO STOP NOW! Noctis screams and throws his tail around, knocking me off my feet. The very second I hit the ground I feel my powers leave. My head is spinning, my ears ring and my breathing is heavy. I don't understand what happened. Why am I on the ground? Why is blood dripping out of my nose?

NEA HELP HIM NOW! Noctis screams and growls.

Him?... Him... RHYS.

I shoot up and stumble towards him.

He lays flat on his back in a puddle of his own blood. At least the blood stopped running.

Panic starts to rise as I shake him, again and again, calling out his name.

"RHYS!" You cry out, "Rhys please... wake up.

AN: A bit short, but the story envelops:D the next part is already done too :) feedback would be appreciated <3 And thank you for reading! <3