- Chapter 7 -

"She bonded you way before I did."

The words keep on repeating in my head.

Sanguis bonded me... A big white dragon with dead black eyes. Noctis wasn't even surprised I knew how she looked like. He knew I saw her in my head... that I saw her in my head on the worst day of my life.

It was dark outside as I looked through the widow in my room. Something seemed off, it was way too quiet, no animal was seen outside and when I somehow managed to saw one, it looked like it was running away from something. Resting my head on the window, I scratch the cat on my lap and close my eyes. Just when I'm about to fall asleep, my cat gets up and hisses at something outside of my window. "Huh? What's there?" I ask her and press my face against the window trying to figure out what she's hissing at.

Suddenly two dark eyes appear right in front of my face.

My cat screams and tries to attack whatever there is.

Then I feel it.

Every cell in my body starts to burn and something's pushing... against me from within.

"No!" I scream out as I fight against it, throwing everything my soul has to offer against the intruder. I scream and scream and scream, but the burning sensation is too much.

From somewhere I hear my parents voice and I feel their hands on my body. I try to answer, tell them to go away and leave me alone, but I can't form words, I just keep on screaming.

Tears run down my face as I feel my parents hugging me, shaking me, screaming at each other in panic. I need to warn them. Need to tell them to run, run from what I'm loosing control over. It's pushing against me, trying to take control over my body, I feel it's power, its soul, its thought and everything screams death.

"I'm sorry." I whisper as my mind goes black and I feel it taking control over my body. The last thing I see are the faces of my parents crying red tears.

"Hey little one... hey... heyyy... you're awake." A soft deep voice echos in my head. As I open my eyes I stare at the night sky ... within someone's eyes.

"What...who are you? Where are my parents?" I panic and look around. I'm in an unfamiliar room, its rather small yet cozy, the windows allow a look at a beautiful small garden, the sun is out and shines in the room, showing small particles in the air.

"You're save here. I'm Rhysand and you're in my home in Velaris."

I open my eyes and close my mouth. I really need to stop screaming in my sleep.

"Nea? Are you alright?" Liam calls out from the other side of the wall.

"Yes." I yell back.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Liam, go back to sleep."

Rolling my eyes I get up in my bed and put on my small light. The light illuminates the skin on my wirkst, making the small mark on the inside glow. A smile spreads across my face as my fingers trace the form of the small dragon. Taking a deep breath I get up and start searching for my coat.

The wind blows around me and I pull my coat closer to my shivering body. As if being in a trance something inside of me pulls me towards the flying field. I need to see him, I need to feel save, need to put off the mask I wore for way too long.

Taking a few more steps I stop.

"Noctis." I whisper and his glowing eyes appear in the dark of the night.

"Let go of her." His deep voice echos through my body.

"No." I reply and smile.

"Why her?" He asks.

"Don't know... she looked happy."

"And you needed to destroy that?"

"No I wanted it... but she didn't want me..." I sigh and fake pout.

"That's why you killed them?" He snarls.

"Yup." An evil smile spreads across my face, "That little bitch closed me off, hid me in the darkest parts of her soul. But I manage to sneak out. Not often but I did... "

"You sneaked out on that night with Rhys."

"Yes. I was bored, her life was too boring, I needed to spice things up."

"Spice things up?!" Noctis hisses.

"Yeah. She was about to discover her bond with Azriel ... and since his already snapped..." I shrug.

"It's been years... you're strong enough now to materialize your own body now." Noctis breathing gets heavier and heavier, he tries his best to control himself but its too late. The anger inside of him is too much. The flames shoot out of him. Light blue flames cover the body of his rider and a sinister voice laughs inside to them.

"Feeling better now my love?" Sanguis smiles and looks up at Noctis.

A/N: Hey.. sorry for not updating... Uni got in the way ... I hope you like the chapter tho :) And thank you all so much for reading and the feedback <3