- Chapter 4 -

"How."

"I knew something was up with you after two weeks... so I followed you."

"You followed me exactly on this day?"

"No... for the past 2 weeks." he leans against his desk and crosses his arms over his chest.

You were to focused to recognize him.

But you did?!

Yes.

AND DID NOT TELL ME?

I thought it could be helpful.

Helpful? Who knows how may of his friends now know about ... this.

'No ones knows. I kept your little secret.' He smirks and I look at him confused - his mouth is still closed... that means...

'Yup in your head.' he finishes off my thought.

"How." I ask him. Is he like Rhys? I quickly check my wall - nope still up- so how is he able to get inside my head.

"If you dare to even touch my mind I swear to whatever there is to kill you." I hiss and he quickly raises his hands in defense.

"Hey hey - I can't do any of your little fea magic."

"So why is it then?"

Because you both posses the same signet. The signet that I once gifted the very first shadow wilder. So both of you have a bond to me. More or less. Noctis explains.

'So because of that we both have a bond?' I ask annoyed.

Yes. The stronger the dragon, the stronger the bonds.

'And if there are any other shadow wilders, we too have a connection with?' Xaden asks.

Yes.

'But... our bond is stronger right?' I whisper to Noctis, suddenly feeling kind of jealous, that I'm not the only one having a bond to him.

Yes. Your my special little shadow. He answers sarcastically and I glare at Xaden who smirks.

'Could you stop talking to both of us now.' I hiss at Noctis.

As you wish little shadow. I can hear the amusement dripping out of his voice.

'Is this why you spoke to Rhys?' I ask Noctis, side eyeing Xaden to make sure, he isn't hearing it.

Yes his powers were once gifted from me to one of his ancestors. And no he can't hear us, so stop glaring at him.

"What did you see?" I ask Xaden.

"... enough to know your second signet." He sits down on his chair and look at me.

"And from what happened last night?"

"You almost killed the most powerful high lord, almost got attacked by his wife and your boyfriend broke up with you." He raises his eyebrows, his voice heavy with sarcasm.

"He wasn't my boyfriend." I snarl.

"Oh that's the one thing you comment?" Xaden smirks and I take a deep breath trying to control the impulse to slice his throat. I get up and walk towards the door.

"I told your teachers that you're sick. So you're free for the day." I hear him shouting while I slam his door close.

I can't believe this. Why didn't you tell me?!

Hello? Noctis?

Noctis?

Okay FINE ignore me then.