- Chapter 10 -

Noctis POV

I was shocked, I did not knew how to act or what to say.

I haven't seen those eyes in centuries and now they are starring up at me.

A nostalgic feeling rushes though my veins. All the good memories we shared, when humans and fae weren't even in their early stages, come back to my mind. Her eyes were full of joy, hope and light. I could stare at them for ages and get lost in the thousands of universes they showed. When the first fae walked this earth she was enlightened, happy to help them with their needs and they worshipped her. I knew it was wrong, I knew that things could turn, yet I couldn't bring myself to stop her, seeing her so happy was all I wished for,

But now, those eyes hold nothing from that light anymore. All those years spent in isolation made her go mad, made her loose any sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Nea... even though she took control of her body, she has to be in there somewhere.

Reaching through the bond, I try to find just some glimpse of her, but all I see - or all Sanguis shows me - are memories... memories of all those dying humans and fae, how she burned them alive, showing me how much fun she had doing it.

I couldn't control myself anymore. Rage clouds my mind, rage that I held in my heart for all those centuries. A rage i once held against myself, blaming myself for all the wrongs which happened. Now that I feel how much she enjoyed it, how much she enjoys torturing and using Nea's body... It all shifts to her and I can't stop the fire inside of me.

Something blue catches my eye and in less than a second my flames hit the ground, where Sanguis stood just before.

Azriel? Why would he be here and save Sanguis?

No... No... not Sanguis. Nea.

Immediately my mind becomes crystal clear and I realized what I did. Sanguis couldn't burn... but Nea can.

Sanguis knew exactly what would happen if she keeps on provoking me, trying to get me to kill Nea... something she can't do apparently, otherwise I'm sure she would have done it herself.

Her powers... when she settled in Nea's body all those years ago, she must have accidentally given her some of her powers - Sanguis would have never allowed her to be able to control her blood manipulation skills. It's an ancient power which only runs in her family.

But if she lost some of her powers, that means...

Taking a deep breath I channel all of my powers into this one command I thought I've never say to her.

"LEAVE"

Power rushes through me, into the bond and straight into Nea's soul.

I was right. Sanguis was weaker that she used to be. Immediately the ghost of a white dragon leaves her body and flys out into the sky.

"So you choose her?" A whisper of her voice echos though the wind.

'I do.' I think to myself and close my eyes. Deep inside of my heart, I knew that I lost her now, even though I may have lost the real her all those centuries ago.

But now, something inside of me shatters and I feel our connection crumble until there is nothing left.

A pain I've never felt before, consumes every cell of my brain and I cry out.

The ground and the mountains around us shake, rocks start falling to the ground, but I couldn't stop, I couldn't stop until l there was nothing left anymore. No pain, no hope, no light, just darkness.

Darkness and a small little light, showing me that at least I didn't lost my bond to Nea.

As I open my eyes again, I see various humans rushing from the college towards us, next to me crouching over two lifeless bodies, is Rhysand and some other Illyrian Fae.

The two body's belong to Nea and Azriel.

But no... she can't be dead. I can still feel our bond.

Desperately I look for it inside of my mind, look for the small light - but it's not there anymore.

Darkness rushes out of me, surrounding the whole college.

I killed her.

Sanguis won.

Xadens POV 

'WAKE UP NOW' Sgaeyl screams.

My bed shakes, the walls around me shake, the whole college seems to shake.

And the there is this deep roar shaking up every vessel inside if my body.

Jumping out of the bed and grabbing my jacket I sprint out of the room. There is only one dragon powerful enough get the whole college shake.

Small pieces of stone fall onto my head, other riders rush out of their rooms, horror written on their faces.

"Xaden!" Garrick and Bodhi run towards me while I make my way out into the night.

"What is happening?" Bodhi asks and sprints down the corridor next to me.

"Noctis." I scream over the voices of the other students.

"Are you sure?" Garrick asks as we finally set our foot on the grass outside and see the whole disaster.

The college is breaking down.

"If he doesn't stop now, we're all going to be buried under rocks here." Bodhi whispers, fear shown in his eyes. And he was right. One of the towers starts to slide towards the ground we are standing on.

"Oh no.. no no no-" Garrick grabs my arm and drags me backwards.

But before the tower falls to the ground, Noctis stops.

"What the hell" Liam, who arrived next to us with Imogen, Rhi and the others, voices what we are all thinking.

'Sgaeyl?'

'I'm fine, they are on the flying grounds.'

"Where's Nea?" Rhi asks and looks at me, "She wasn't in her room, I thought maybe she was with you.." her voice is laced with panic as she realizes that Nea wasn't with me.

"Flying Ground." I reply.

But when I'm about to start running again, darkness wraps around us.

Pure Darkness.

I lift my hand, holding it right in front of my face but my eyes aren't able to see anything.

It's a kind of darkness I've never seen before.

I scream out for the others, but nothing.

There is no sound.

Nothing.

Searing my mind, I try to find the door connecting me to Nea, yet it's gone.

'No.. No, No.. - Sgaeyl, tell me this isn't the reason for his outburst.'

'I'm so sorry... I - I don't know. We're stuck in the same dark as you are.' Her voice is barely a whisper inside of my head.

'Is it shielding our magic too?'

'It is.' 

A/N: hello ... sorry for not updating, but I was busy with life tbh. But here it is and I finally have some ideas and motivation again to continue this story ^^ so I try to update more in the future :) thank you all so sooooo much for all of your feedback and the Votes - it means so much to me and I'm so thankful that you're supporting me <3