1128: Fool's Broth

As the other doomsday world came into view, the three of them chose to sit down. Puppeteer leaned against a tree, while Lin Sanjiu and Bohemia settled on the ground. They observed as the sun gradually descended westward, painting half of the dark blue sky with shades of orange and pink.

The reason they didn't rush across the road was because Magus had advised them to wait there for something. Besides, even Puppeteer didn't know what kind of doomsday world lay on the other side of the road. While they prepared Magus' requested 'materials,' they could also keep an eye on the situation.

Without the puppets, Lin Sanjiu and Bohemia essentially acted as puppets themselves. They did their best to craft a large pot from scrap metal rings as per Magus's instructions. They gathered branches for firewood and positioned the pot beneath the night sky outside the shade of the trees. Throughout the process, Puppeteer reluctantly served as Magus's messenger, guiding them on what to do next, although his tone was quite peculiar.

"So, what is Magus about to do?" Lin Sanjiu asked Bohemia in a hushed tone after they finally hung the crooked metal pot on the branches. "What does she need such a large pot for? She couldn't be hungry."

She had her own pots, but unfortunately, they were trapped in [Planar World] and couldn't be retrieved. When she had the opportunity, she would have to study the two fine rings on her wrist.

Bohemia, who had also lost her storage item, was now without spare clothes and continued to wear only a short top and shorts as she busied herself. "Don't you know? There is a reason why she's called 'Magus.'"

"Please elaborate."

"Her parents didn't name her that at birth. Hey, go fetch some water," Bohemia said, completely playing the role of a diligent servant. "She possesses powers similar to those of a magus, or in other words, a witch."

"A witch?" Perhaps it had been common to hear about such things on television before, but it was the first time Lin Sanjiu had heard of this type of ability in the doomsday world.

"I don't know much about her witchcraft-like abilities except for the most famous one. This ability is part of why she used to be so highly respected. Because from a certain perspective, she can be considered a Special Items maker."

Lin Sanjiu didn't rush her and listened attentively. 

"So, like in fairy tales, if she wants to turn someone into a frog, she can use her ability to brew a potion that can transform people. She sets up a pot and adds all sorts of peculiar ingredients, just like the witches in fairy tales adding frog legs or spider silk. She needs all sorts of bizarre materials."

Lin Sanjiu began to understand. "That which goes from big to small?" 

"Exactly." Bohemia glanced back at the slope behind them and the road that separated them from another doomsday world, curiosity glinting in her eyes. "I wonder what kind of world is on the other side."

"Let's wait and see. Maybe someone will pass by."

Lin Sanjiu remembered that Puppeteer had apparently concealed their tracks using some form of light refraction, making it convenient for them to observe from the sidelines. "Maybe we can gather some clues from others."

It was a hopeful notion, but even after they fetched water and sat under the stars, surrounded by the sounds of cicadas for half an hour, they still didn't glimpse a single shadow on the road.

The doomsday world on the other side of the road remained silent in the night, like a dormant giant. If Puppeteer hadn't mentioned it, no one would have imagined that another doomsday world lay just across the road.