1069: Whack-a-Mole

In that moment when the person bent over, Bohemia quickly scurried out from the other side of the desk on all fours. The person immediately realized that the person under the desk had stood up and hurriedly straightened up. She stood behind the desk and, without waiting for the shadowy figure to stand up straight, she reached for the telephone on the desk and slammed it down heavily towards his face.

Before the person could fully straighten up, he was hit and let out a muffled groan, sitting back on the ground. Bohemia didn't dare give him a chance to see her clearly. She quickly crouched down and grabbed the secretary's chair, ready to lift it up.

However, to her surprise, the simple task that was usually as easy as picking up a pen made her arms go weak this time, and she almost dropped it on herself. Taking advantage of this gap, the person on the ground quickly rolled out of the way as the chair slipped from her hand and rolled out towards the other side of the desk. Not only was he not hit by the chair, but he also managed to block the doorway.

Damn it!

Bohemia was afraid that he might see her face. The game's objective was quite clear; she couldn't let anyone know that 'she' was in the office building tonight. This meant that as long as no one discovered her identity, the mission wasn't a failure.

In her desperation, Bohemia's gaze quickly scanned the desk and caught a glimpse of something faintly glimmering in the dim moonlight. She reached out and grabbed it, then quickly crouched down and squeezed back under the desk.

The shadowy figure muttered some incoherent curses, and it was difficult to tell who it was. Next, the pair of shoes appeared once again at the edge of the desk. The person seemed afraid of being discovered, and even though they were burning with anger, they clenched their teeth and remained silent. As they bent over and reached under the desk, Bohemia raised her hand and forcefully thrust the paper cutter she had found earlier into the arm of the figure encased in a sleeve.

An abrupt and suppressed scream completely shattered the eerie silence that had filled the room. Bohemia had a faint sense that she had heard this scream somewhere before, but she didn't have the time to think about it. She quickly pulled out the paper cutter and scurried out from the other side of the desk again.

This time, the person had become more cautious and remembered to be on guard. He gritted his teeth and, despite the pain, immediately took two large steps forward, blocking her way to the door. She quickly lowered her head, covering her face with her hair, and stepped back a few paces. However, she had unknowingly backed herself into a dead-end between the desk and the wall.

Seeing an opportunity, the person made a low, guttural sound from his throat and moved to grab her. While Bohemia now had only the agility of an average woman, her combat awareness and quick reactions were undiminished. She kicked the trash can under the desk, sending it rolling forward. The person, caught off guard, was tripped by the trash can and fell, half-crashing and half-rolling on the ground.

Bohemia agilely climbed onto the office desk, leaped over the chair on the floor, and dashed toward the office door while the person had not yet fully risen. She unlocked the door and rushed into the corridor.

As she turned around and slammed the door shut with a loud bang, it was followed by the sound of the person colliding with the door from the other side. Bohemia quickly grabbed the doorknob, pulling it as hard as she could and not letting go. The person on the other side also gripped the doorknob, applying increasing pressure, far beyond what a woman's strength could endure.

As she watched the gap between the door and the frame slowly widen, she was about to lose her grip. Bohemia suddenly reached her hand into the gap, used the paper cutter to stab it again, not knowing where it landed on the person. She quickly let go, turned, and ran.