1105: Unashamed to Ask - Lin Sanjiu

"Why is her breathing becoming so rapid?"

Bohemia suddenly raised her voice, a nearly sharp tone cutting through the chilly night air. "Doctor, the way she looks seems off..."

"Help me open her eyelids; I want to see."

With those words, fingers quickly lifted and propped open Lin Sanjiu's eyelids. As her eyes were uncovered, she could see once again: a furry cat's chin came into view, partially blocking the dark blue night sky. As the chin lowered, it revealed a pair of bright, glistening eyes and two pointed, upright ears. On the other side, Bohemia's disheveled head created a bird's nest-like silhouette in the darkness.

Finally seeing them again should have been a moment to breathe a sigh of relief, but Lin Sanjiu had no time to spare a glance at them. When another sudden surge hit her, her vision immediately blurred, and all objects swayed, losing their shape and color. She only remembered a bright light shining down from her eyes.

"Her pupils have slightly dilated," Dr. Hu's voice gradually faded, as if a television volume was being turned down. "Besides that, her reaction is similar to a patient in physical distress..."

She couldn't hear what he said afterward.

Lin Sanjiu didn't feel pain anywhere on her body, but if she could, she would have traded physical pain for what she was feeling now.

She had probably guessed the truth: being trapped in someone else's brain for a long time would gradually lead to absorption and dissolution as one lacked the support of a physical body—unless you were Nüwa, capable of unimaginable means. Just after she finished speaking, Pig Eyes launched a sudden assault on her brain.

Initially, he only intended to scare her, making her understand he had the power to destroy her brain. However, after a few minor demonstrations, Pig Eyes was evidently surprised to find that Lin Sanjiu's brain remained unaffected.

That was natural.

While she was in the Puppeteer's Pocket Dimension, she understood that she survived her ordeal in the Kisaragi Station thanks to a layer of Higher Consciousness forming a 'brain,' containing her last remnants of life. Later, as her physical body recovered, this layer of Higher Consciousness enveloped her entire brain from the inside out, becoming a protective shell. Without it, she wouldn't have withstood Bohemia's attacks.

Pig Eyes, unaware of this, misunderstood, "I didn't expect you had such means."

Before Lin Sanjiu could respond, he laughed somewhat hysterically, "Unfortunately, your Higher Consciousness is too weak compared to mine. I haven't seen a protective shell in the world that can't be broken!"

With a much more intense surge of Higher Consciousness hitting her brain than before, Pig Eyes began a series of frequent and intense attacks.

His ultimate goal was still to force Lin Sanjiu to agree to his demands in fear. He certainly didn't want to accidentally destroy her brain and bury himself along with it. For this reason, Pig Eyes' attacks, though seemingly ferocious, were actually quite measured. After each assault on the protective layer, he adjusted the strength of the next attack accordingly.

Having her consciousness shaken directly was a terrifying feeling, like watching oneself lose sanity and descend into madness, losing all self-control.

If there wasn't a small discovery supporting her, Lin Sanjiu might have shouted, "Wait!" without knowing when.

She found the disharmony in Pig Eyes' attacks.

Although her consciousness became blurred every time she was attacked, she could still sense the intensity of Higher Consciousness directly. The subtle disharmony was extremely minute, and it could easily slip through the cracks in her consciousness.