1056: Prison Storm (1)

Bohemia was currently very happy.

She had thought she would have to stay in a cell, feeling frustrated. But unexpectedly, she became the warden right from the start. Who could be more important in the entire prison system than her? She had gained such a significant advantage at the beginning of the game—she had been separated from Lin Sanjiu for less than ten minutes, and her luck had already significantly improved! If there was anything unsatisfactory, it was that the game objectives of 'Prison Storm' could only be revealed in stages. The host would inform her of the objective at a specific time point, and, until then, even if there was nothing to do, she could only wait impatiently.

"When facing the game, you cannot use force beyond that of an ordinary human, and Special Items are also prohibited. The appearance of your character in the game is your own appearance. Since you look like a young girl, your physical strength, speed, and strength are all at the average level of an ordinary young woman."

"What do you mean by 'look like a young girl'? I am a young girl."

The Pocket Dimension host remained unfazed and continued, "Objective 1: Identify your own background, identity, location, date, and time. The next objective will be announced five hours into the game."

Objective 1 didn't sound difficult. After all, it was the first task after entering the game.

"Note that if you cause suspicion from game NPCs, present incorrect conclusions as facts, or create any chaos within the prison... and so on, anything that wouldn't happen to a real warden, then it will be considered a mistake. Each mistake will peel off one layer of the onion."

"I've done some swindling and cheating in the past. If I did it, I did it. I'm not afraid of you mentioning it."

Bohemia glanced at the round, floating onion above her head and muttered while inspecting the office. Achieving Objective 1 should be straightforward since this was her own office. Without further ado, she should check if there was a nameplate on the door.

She opened the office door, and her gaze fell beneath the sign that read 'Warden's Office.' Immediately, she couldn't help but let out a satisfied hum—there was indeed a small, golden nameplate there, with the name 'Sandy Winters' written on it.

See? It was so easy and straightforward, like finding the right medicine for a cure!

Feeling pleased with herself, Bohemia also took a peek outside. In the long, gray-white corridor, apart from the faint aroma of food, there were several brightly lit offices at the other end, presumably where the other prison staff members were located. Before being discovered by NPCs, she quickly retreated, closed the door, and scanned the office with her eyes.

The clock on the wall indicated that it was 12:47 noon. Unfortunately, lunchtime had just passed. The closed blinds were filled with streaks of bright light from the outside. She didn't know the specific date, but she searched the desk for a while, hoping to find a newspaper or calendar.

She lifted the blinds slightly and looked outside through the cracks. Bohemia noticed that not far from the building was the recreation area for the prisoners. At the moment, many inmates wearing orange prison uniforms were gathered in small groups. Beyond the high walls and wire fences that separated the recreation area from the rest of the prison, several paths separated the area, and from above, she could see a few prison guards standing in the corners.

With such strong defenses, her role as the warden seemed safe.

"Do you think they will escape at some point? If they do escape, your role as the warden will be in trouble," the Descartes Spirit said as it joined her shoulder, looking out through the blinds. It blurred the sunlight with its presence, even though it was just a pixelated image without any expression. Now that it was involved in the game, it seemed to be completely absorbed by the game's content, just like the onion above their heads. It followed Bohemia wherever she went, as if afraid of missing any crucial plot clues.