1032: About This World

After driving around the landfill a few times, Lin Sanjiu finally found the side where the raccoons had damaged the protective net. They parked the car by the roadside and crawled through a large hole in the protective net to enter the landfill. The rain had gradually eased, and the deep blue evening sky reappeared amidst the drizzling rain.

The junkyard, beaten by the heavy rain and soaked in water, was quite repulsive compared to when it was dry. Blackish sewage shimmered on the ground, emitting a faint, damp stench mixed with steam. It felt like an airtight film stuck to their skin.

Even Bohemia, who usually wasn't very particular about their circumstances, wrinkled her face and clutched her skirt, tiptoeing and refusing to say a word. Her whole attention was on her toes. Following her memory of the directions, Lin Sanjiu led her for a while and finally caught sight of the neatly constructed bungalow in the distance. Its windows were dark, so they suspected no one was home.

"Do you have any thoughts?" Bohemia whispered. Ever since they boarded Exodus, she had been on edge, constantly teetering on the verge of crisis. They had just taken a breather in the new world but were startled again without having time to rest. She looked a bit exhausted now.

"I'm thinking about the six months in advance condition," Lin Sanjiu said, standing behind a pile of scrap metal, contemplating her answer as she surveyed the low-rise building in the distance. "The destruction of a vast human world requires a gradual process. At least in all the worlds I've experienced, it didn't happen overnight. Some took several months, and others even took several years... For example, the destruction process of this world may take exactly one year. So, the six months in advance for the visa could refer to six months before any specific date within a year. It could be six months before January 1st or six months before December 31st."

Although she didn't know at which point the influence of the doomsday elements would reach a tipping point, she believed that if it was within the six months before a qualitative change, it could be considered within the scope of the "advance visa." This not only explained why there were posthumans who arrived in this world before them but also explained another more important situation.

After thinking for a while, Bohemia nodded in a daze.

"Suppose we arrived late enough, and six months later, this world is on the verge of complete collapse and destruction. Then it's very likely that problems have already started to arise here. That's why the old lady's death was so strange."

Lin Sanjiu stared at the low-rise building, but the image of the old lady's convulsing body crawling out of the window appeared in her mind. The command that made her escape must have been her [Keen Senses]. In that case, the source of danger must be something they couldn't confront directly with force.

There was only one thing she could think of.

"I guess it could be some kind of virus," Lin Sanjiu sighed and flipped through her card repository, checking the supplies she had accumulated in the Twelve Worlds Centrum. "It not only controls the body after death but also manipulates the corpse to approach us. It's probably trying to infect us."

The scene in the rearview mirror could also be explained: suddenly, a tornado passed by inexplicably outside the window. Wouldn't any normal person take a glance?

"Similar to a zombie virus?" Bohemia's face turned pale—after all, viruses were hard to guard against, invisible to the naked eye, and most defensive items wouldn't react to them. She began to take off the bracelets on her arms one by one, "But now... these people still seem quite calm. Could it be that the virus hasn't spread?"

"It's possible. Since most people haven't noticed anything unusual, it suggests that this virus is unlikely to be airborne." This was at least some good news.