1037: Bohemia's Discovery

"Oh, really," Lin Sanjiu sighed, gently wiping Puppeteer's oddly peaceful cheek with a damp towel. As she pondered, she reached up and grabbed a pair of scissors from the top of the cabinet. As the blade opened, it quietly glinted in the dark.

"Since it's safe... then Bohemia should be fine, right?"

Bohemia in the distance didn't share this sentiment.

The night breeze, mixed with the stench of corpses, blew in gusts, lifting her long hair, skirt, and sleeves, making them flap loosely in the wind. The night sky, washed by the torrential rain, was beautifully dark. The deep purple sky lit up with the dazzling starlight of the cosmos, complemented by the warm orange glow of streetlights, creating layers of shades of purple. In this watercolor-like night, even the drops of black blood falling into the gasoline from the bodies could be clearly seen.

Beyond the scattered bodies on the ground, her gaze finally settled on the overturned open truck bed.

Just a moment ago, it seemed like a mountain of corpses... but now, as the truck bed opened, only a few bodies rolled out. Most of them had melted like wax, gradually losing their shape, forming clumps in the truck bed.

In just half a minute, several slender flesh-colored cylinders emerged from this pile of wax-like bodies. She could even sense a feeling of their pure joy and pleasure as they continuously grew taller and longer.

Oh, oh, oh, the world outside is so sweet

We've come out, we've all come out

The earth, soaked so moistly, feels so comfortable, so lovely

"Huh?" Bohemia rubbed her ear vigorously, looking a bit confused.

She seemed to hear an uncomfortably eerie sound—no, that's not right. There wasn't actually a sound at all. How was she hearing it?

These fleshy columns don't have eyes, so they wouldn't be able to see her, right? It's been quite a while, and they haven't moved... On further inspection, they seem to have grown out of the corpses and can't change their positions.

Bohemia, who had been gazing upward with her head raised, couldn't help but take a silent step backward. The surfaces of these columns seemed to be filled with a flesh-like texture and elasticity. When the night breeze blew, they trembled, as if their entire bodies were swaying along with it, making it impossible to tell whether they had noticed her.

'Hurry up and leave, these things probably don't move,' she thought when she suddenly felt something in her heart and looked down.

From the darkness beneath her feet, a human face had silently risen, steadily approaching her. The cheek on that face was swollen and distorted, as if the skin was about to burst from the enormous smile on its face. The brow bone, the corners of the eyes, and the lips were stretched and cracked, but it continued to grow upwards, with an irregular mouth filled with shadowy masses of flesh.

Bohemia involuntarily gulped and immediately lept backward. When she landed and looked back, she realized that it was the face of a corpse lying at her feet.

However, that human face had long since separated from its body. The body still lay on the ground, but in the middle, there were several tens of centimeters of these ever-growing slender flesh columns sprouting, inserted directly into the person's head and supporting it as it extended upwards. It was like an uncontrollable, ever-lengthening neck.

"What are you?!" she shouted, taking a few steps back and swinging her hand, casting a shadow. Just as the wind blew and the flesh column supporting the face swayed, a hoarse voice came from a nearby truck, "Stop!"