1127: Teleportation Destination

For a moment, Lin Sanjiu considered whether Puppeteer had gone mad.

It was said that prolonged suffering and hatred could take a toll on a person's mental state. She attempted to speak several times, but her words failed to form coherently. Questions about the remaining duration of the [Torrent of Time]'s effects and what Puppeteer meant about being teleported eluded her.

Unbeknownst to her, she had already aged considerably.

While Lin Sanjiu couldn't speak, Bohemia didn't dare to do so. The air hung heavy until Puppeteer suddenly cast a sidelong glance, his gaze sweeping over her.

"Don't misinterpret," he said, sneering. "The [Torrent of Time] may induce aging and death, but this doesn't prove you'll live to a ripe old age in the future. It's merely an assumption."

As his words settled in Lin Sanjiu's mind, she struggled to react. Gradually, she comprehended the underlying message. A surge of strength coursed through her, prompting her to lift her head abruptly. "You—you mean—"

Puppeteer turned away and headed towards the shade of the trees without pause. In the blink of an eye, he distanced himself, yet his voice remained distinct. "Your luck is as wretched as dog urine. One stroke of luck can lead to a catastrophic downfall."

Did this imply that the effects of the [Torrent of Time] had already ended? If she had indeed been inching towards her demise, Puppeteer would have reveled in it and wouldn't have said, "this doesn't prove you'll live to this ripe old age in the future."

Whether it was a psychological effect or her body gradually regaining strength, Lin Sanjiu could speak once more. "Help... help me up."

Initially, Bohemia hadn't heard her, occupied with inspecting her own hair and cheeks. It wasn't until her fingers encountered her long, curly, golden-brown hair that she heaved a sigh of relief. Scanning her surroundings, Bohemia swiftly extended her hand to pull Lin Sanjiu up from the ground.

By the time Lin Sanjiu regained her footing, her hunched back had straightened, and her wrinkled, spotted skin had transformed into a smooth, youthful complexion. Her vision had also sharpened as if it had undergone a thorough cleansing.

They had narrowly escaped becoming dead bodies strewn on the ground.

Lin Sanjiu had felt no joy when she was gasping for breath earlier. Yet, now that her energy and vigor had returned, she was filled with fuel. When thinking of this, she couldn't help but feel angry. Puppeteer had no intention of killing her, but he wouldn't concern himself with her safety either. In the grander scheme, it didn't matter, but Bohemia had repeatedly been endangered due to her, placed in harm's way several times.

"Wait for me here," Lin Sanjiu whispered to Bohemia. "Don't approach unless I call you."

"What do you intend to do?" Bohemia suddenly reached out and grabbed Lin Sanjiu as she was about to take a step forward. "Are you planning to confront him?"

Lin Sanjiu wasn't entirely certain of her intentions. She hesitated for a few moments before responding, "I... I want to talk to him."

She knew it sounded like a delusion.

"I really don't get you," Bohemia whispered urgently, glancing at the distant figure. "Even if you want to keep him alive, what can you do by being near him? He'll probably kill you first. Besides, what are you resentful for? You know exactly what Puppeteer... Sir, is like. If you choose not to leave, you should be mentally prepared for this."

Lin Sanjiu was left momentarily speechless, struggling to formulate a response.

"Let's go." Bohemia pulled her up, and in her golden-brown eyes, the sunlight gradually intensified like it was noon. "After all, we're not dead yet, right? I even remember what I looked like in my previous life. Maybe this could be a clue."