1060: Thank You, I Will Definitely Help You Figure It Out

Huh? Is that really it?

Bohemia's mouth half-opened, unable to believe her own stroke of luck. The fact that the serial killer had blood on them made the puzzle too easy to solve. "W-why her? Explain it to me."

However, the Pocket Dimension host ignored her.

"Now, it's time for the punishment for your one mistake in the game. Remove one layer of the skin!"

As the Pocket Dimension host had previously mentioned, the onion skin removal happened immediately after the game ended. Bohemia heard a sharp sound coming from the onion on her head and quickly looked up. She saw a layer of onion skin gradually disappearing, blending into the air.

Just say it, she thought, there's nothing to be afraid of. After all, didn't she know her own secrets?

"Regarding player Bohemia's first fact..."

As the Pocket Dimension host began the report, the entire game Pocket Dimension fell into silence with only his voice echoing softly. 

"Currently, the identity you hold is Bohemia's fifth reincarnation. To explain further, as a posthuman, her lifespan has been divided into segments, each segment of equal length. After completing a segment, she will reincarnate, be born, and grow up again, without remembering anything from the previous life... and now she is in her fifth segment."

Bohemia stood up abruptly, her golden-brown eyelashes flickering rapidly, and her face filled with a dazed and bewildered expression. She couldn't comprehend whether the other person was joking or if she had misheard.

"What...?"

"It's normal for everyone to be surprised. Almost all players have the same reaction after hearing the onion skin report. It's interesting how we always have something that can startle ourselves... How little we truly understand ourselves. But I assure you, everything I say is true. That's also why this Pocket Dimension is so precious. Alright, let's continue the game." The Pocket Dimension host seemed oblivious to her shock. "Oh, wait, player Lin Sanjiu requested mutual viewing. Perfect. Since you just solved the mini-game, you can exchange for a right to influence the 'Final Exam' game."

Lin Sanjiu's face appeared on the wall, followed by a female voice, seemingly that of an invigilator, saying, "Number 39, lower your head! Stop looking around!"

However, Lin Sanjiu seemed oblivious to the voice and stared intently at Bohemia, whispering, "What's going on? Don't you know either?"

Bohemia felt as if she were floating in a dream, as if she could wake up at any moment. She stared at those familiar amber eyes, her expression blank and confused, and shook her head.

"Number 39!"

"The fifth segment... Don't be afraid," even though her brain had been invaded by spores, Lin Sanjiu's resolute tone hadn't changed a bit. She clearly understood Bohemia's situation and seemed to be thinking along the same lines as her. "Once we're out of here, I'll find a way to help you. What Pocket Dimension said might not be true, and even if it is, there are many ways to sustain life. You don't have to be confined to this body..."

"Number 39! If you don't lower your head and answer the test properly, I will punish you!"

With a tinge of anxiety, Lin Sanjiu pursed her lips and quickly whispered, "I will help you," before lowering her head once again.

Bohemia still couldn't fully grasp the situation. Reality felt like a solid block of cement, and it took what felt like an eternity for Lin Sanjiu's words to slowly seep through the dense reality and be understood by her. Even though she understood everything in her mind, she still felt no sense of reality.